The Way Of The Cross


The freeing truth is coming to know you have been living a lie all these years.

There are many unkind and dishonouring responses I wish I can say in some people’s faces. I wish I can hate. I wish I can sin in anger. The ugliness and depravity of the sinful nature is such a tempting fruit to yield towards.

But, because I am a Christian, and I know how toxic hatred and anger can be, I am compelled to ask God for a response. I hear the words:

The way you respond is the way of the Cross.

The way of the Cross is to be understood in light of the happenings of that fateful day. Jesus looked to the people who crucified Him and told the Father, forgive them, for they don’t know what they are doing.

Do they really not know what they were doing?! Well, Jesus said what He said.

I don’t know how Jesus brought Himself to forgive. He was experiencing such excruciating pain physically, emotionally and spiritually. If it were up to me, I would seriously hurl every colourful language I know just like what I want to do now. But, He amazingly did not.

He chose to forgive. He forgave the men who hurt Him. He forgave and is still forgiving me, even though I know what I am doing wilfully at times.

So, lest I think I am deserving of forgiveness, and as emotionally difficult this is, I will muster His strength to follow the way of the Cross.

Comments