Why Death

I wished April Fool is a reality, where what I'm experiencing is just a joke and God can reverse death as a reality in our world.

Just yesterday, my ex-cell group leader in the days of my youth succumbed to her illness. Having received the news while commuting on the train for work, I struggled to fight back a lot of tears. This was a dear leader / big sister who offered comfort and refuge when I was a youth and stayed connected with me even when I was no longer in her church. She showed me how friendship is intentional, where it goes beyond being in the same place at the same time.

Most recently, in mid last year, we applied for the same NAS Academy course, and she was elated, telling me how she prayed to God for to have a classmate who was familiar to her. I happened to be her answered prayer.

I find myself wrestling with God, unable to reconcile why He must take her away. In my head, I understand that He has His timing for everyone; I just hate that death, pain and suffering remains a reality in our world.

And God, I don't know how to think about this. It is really painful, but I know You are a man of sorrows who is acquainted with grief. You fully understand. So help me, God...

Comments