#SGworshipunite with Leeland: Musings

I sat through a night session today where Leeland gave a word of encouragement to the body of Christ. I thought that the question and answers section was really really interesting, and wanted to share it here. If you are reading this, I hope you will be encouraged like I have. This is what I have recalled from the session:

1) You cannot change tomorrow or your past, but you can decide on what to do about today. God can redeem your past.

2) We can find pockets of time daily to meditate on God's word. It may not be reading a long chapter, but just 2 short verses. From Deuteronomy 6:7,
- When you get up
- When you sit at home (i.e. have some free time)
- When you walk along the road (i.e.g travelling)
- When you lie down (before you sleep)
(It got me to realise that we really have no excuse. However busy we are, we can find moments like these to think about God.)

3) [For worship leaders] When you are leading worship, sometimes you may not feel as much compared to your private worship time. This may be because God wants to use you to lead people into His presence, and if, in your private time, you are usually undone, it may be a little hard to lead. It may be in the aftermath that you feel God's presence more than the leading itself. Other times, it has got to do with the hunger of the people. So, do not blame yourself and think its your fault if God does not seem to be moving.
(It is as though my mind clicked, because there were moments I felt it was my fault and I did a lot of soul searching. I have also experienced moments where the presence of God came like a wave over me after the worship session, but I felt nothing when I was leading.)

4) We may face seasons of burnout where we feel discouraged.
- It may be an attack from the enemy, or
- God's indication that He is turning a new page / bringing a new season in your life. In such moments, seek God and find out His will / what He is trying to say about that new season.

5) Writing new worship songs is not about finding new sounds / trying to have it fit into some genre. It is about hearing what God wants to say to His people in this season, as well as keeping your intimacy with Him.

6) Prophetic worship does not solely involve the emotions; it is also an engagement of the creative flow from your meditation of the word. Both the emotions and the mind come under submission to the word of God, and this is when God moves / speaks, which we term as prophetic worship.

Comments