He Loves Much • Can I Say “So Will I”

Is there room for kindness if it will potentially beget disbenefit? Because of the fear of getting disbenefit, I find myself erring to the side of adopting a transactional mindset. I stop being kind because there is nothing to gain. Perhaps, to put it rather crudely, I stop being kind because I am plain selfish.

As the weight of this realisation hit me, I found my heart wandering off myself to heaven. I noticed Jesus’ attitude when He faced the Cross. If (or maybe He did knew) that He was going to die for ungrateful brats / a rebellious people, will it stop Him from dying? Yet, the amazing thing I see is His unflinching demeanour - sure actions that can be sunmed up in these words, “I will take the cup anyway.”

The unconditional love He has shook me.

(Paraphrasing) He who knows he has been forgiven much, will love much.

The issue is, do I truly know? Or if I do know, has my heart been prone to forget?

Comments