Again And Again


Hypotethically speaking, if our justification is not “once and for all,” I can see how Jesus will choose to die for us all again and again. Even when sin is at work within, and we trip up over the same thing upmteen times, the Father is not like us who may glare scornfully and wash His hands clean off us. Instead, I imagine Him patiently waiting for us to turn around. I do not see a hint of regret from His eyes. Knowing that we will definitely disappoint Him time and time again, He will not have thought of reversing the clock and not die on the Cross. He loves with an everlasting, long suffering and unconditional love.

Jesus is the only one who is able to perfectly mean and commit to His words. When He said, “I will die for you,” those were not sweet nothings or empty words; He really did die. We were deserving of death, but He took our place.

I know full well that I will never be able to love perfectly like Him. He knows this as well and did not put the heavy duty weight on my shoulders. He celebrates my response of obedience towards Him as though it is my own sole will and actions, when it is actually His enabling through His Spirit granting me the ability to respond.

I will never be able to comprehend this kind of love because it is beyond human to do so - it is a crazy love...

Comments