When I Am Weak

II Corinthians‬ ‭12:9-10‬ ‭(NKJV‬‬)
“And He said to me, 
“My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” 
Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 
Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. 
For when I am weak, then I am strong.”

Paul could boast about the heavenly visions and revelations he had, the miracles God did through his hands, or his call to apostleship. He had every reason to boast about his strengths. Yet, he parked those aside and brought his weaknesses into the picture.

Infirmities, reproaches, needs, persecutions and distresses brought an acknowledgement of his need for God. It placed him in a state of humility and gratefulness. Without the power of Christ, he could never be strong. His own human strength fell short and would not carry him through the difficult times.

Is it easy for us to boast in our weaknesses? Having observed the world’s default function for some time, if we do not treat social media as our daily emotional diary, what will be posted? Great exploits, certifications, glamorous events, etc. During interactions with others, when successes and good things are being brought out, it seemed really hard to bring out the failures and bad things. It is as though you do not measure up to others, or something is wrong with you.

What are the infirmities, reproaches, needs, persecutions and distresses you are facing today? Will you, and how will you boast?

Comments