“Is Anything Too Difficult For The Lord?”

Throughout this year, I was facing a difficult situation. Reconciliation seemed really far fetched. Each time negative words were thrown towards me, I found myself feeling hurt, then almost immediately channeling these feelings to God in prayer. I tried to firmly hold on to hope that everything would be better someday, since God's desire is for reconciliation.

In recent months, God deposited dreams about vindication. I woke up and found myself laughing in response to the dream. I did not take much notice of my reactions towards those dreams till yesterday. I was reminded of Sarah's reaction when God promised them a son in their old age:

10 He said, “I will surely return to you at this time next year; and behold, Sarah your wife will have a son.” And Sarah was listening at the tent door, which was behind him. 11 Now Abraham and Sarah were old, advanced in age; Sarah was past childbearing. 12 Sarah laughed to herself, saying, “After I have become old, shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also?” 13 And the Lord said to Abraham, “Why did Sarah laugh, saying, ‘Shall I indeed bear a child, when I am so old?’ 14 Is anything too difficult for the Lord? At the appointed time I will return to you, at this time next year, and Sarah will have a son.” 15 Sarah denied it however, saying, “I did not laugh”; for she was afraid. And He said, “No, but you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:10-15

Like Sarah, I laughed. The condition of my heart became apparent - it was weary, tempted to resign to fate, and focused on the limitations I had (exactly what Sarah went through). I realised that the end goal of the enemy was to steal hope from me so that I don't believe in God's ability anymore.

"Is anything too difficult for the Lord?" I decided that I will still hold on to hope. My heart echoes a cry, "God, be my strength."

"My flesh and my heart may fail,
But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." - Psalm 73:26

-- A sister who is not optimistic, but trusts in God's omnipotence over every situation

Comments