King In a Shepherd Boy


Now the LORD said to Samuel, “How long will you mourn for Saul, seeing I have rejected him from reigning over Israel? Fill your horn with oil, and go; I am sending you to Jesse the Bethlehemite. For I have provided Myself a king among his sons.

And Samuel said to Jesse, “Are all the young men here?” Then he said, “There remains yet the youngest, and there he is, keeping the sheep.” And Samuel said to Jesse, “Send and bring him. For we will not sit down till he comes here.” So he sent and brought him in. Now he was ruddy, with bright eyes, and good-looking. And the LORD said, “Arise, anoint him; for this is the one!””
‭‭I Samuel‬ ‭16:1, 11-12‬ ‭(NKJV‬‬)

Jackson Pollock No. 5, 1948 - a painting displayed in an art museum.

How many will consider this a masterpiece or work of a genius? How much will you buy it for?

On first glance, it looked like a piece of mess that nobody would buy. But guess what, this was sold for $140 million! What looks worthless to one person (like me maybe) looks like $140million treasure to another person. What looks invaluable to us might look valuable to God.

My life was like this painting - like a mess. But God simply loved, and because of His love, my value is of infinite worth. Because of His touch, my life is never the same.

May we see each person with God’s eyes, like how God saw a king in a shepherd boy.

Comments