Always On Time


Last Friday, my client requested me to fulfill a total of 9 headcounts for a 2 days temporary IT role starting today. Though it was a very tight timeline to work with, I managed to furnish 9 names on Monday.

On Tuesday (yesterday), one of the candidates was not sincere and backed out. This was so not cool. I was only left with 2 hours to find a guy. My client wanted me to reply today, 11am.

Being hard pressed for time, the natural reaction would be to feel worried. Instead, I felt an unusual peace. I felt God saying, "I am always on time." So I was like, "Ok God I will trust You while You do Your thing..."

Lo and behold, I managed to find a suitable guy who was open to work today! Best part: The guy confirmed his acceptance at exactly 11am!

------------------------------

This morning, I was reading Luke 2. Simeon and Anna’s character stood out. If you understand the context of their time, it had been 400 years of silence since there was any move or word from God by the prophet Malachi. Most Israelites drifted from their faith. The religious leaders deviated from the true essence of their faith. In this context, Simeon and Anna were full of the Spirit, faithful, devoted and righteous. They were waiting for baby Jesus, the consolation of humanity. God showed Himself to be faithful in keeping His word. He is always on time.

Maybe, you have been holding on to God’s promises for a period of time and feeling weary about it. I want you to know that God is your faithful promise keeper. Even if you cannot see His Hands moving, you can trust in His character. He is working behind the scenes, in the midst of the silence you perceive. He was, and is, and will always be on time.

Comments