"All I Ever Did"



Today's reading: John 4
The women told the crowds, “He told me all I ever did. Actually, what Jesus merely said was (paraphrasing), “You have 5 husbands, and the one you have at present is not your husband...” Having 5 men is not really all she ever did. But, to her, the stigma / sins / brokenness is everything.

(Being reminded of Jeremiah 2:13) Previously, she dug from broken cisterns to satisfy her thirst. Going from man after man, she sought for someone that could fill her emptiness. It was not until she met Jesus that she found the spring of living water that brought healing and wholeness.

Jesus was compassionately truthful towards her. She became a powerful woman who led others to the Messiah.

Applying in my perspective, there are times when I see my own brokenness as everything I ever did. Like the woman, I had dug from broken cisterns to fill the void. Now, I am running to the One who is able to truly satisfy. Jesus is able to turn what I view as mess into a message for His glory.

Comments