The Author Of My Faith

“What if I cannot end well?” is a concern that surfaces from time to time. I feel God has given me a really good start in terms of my life and Christian journey. I fear the decisions I had or will make may eventually screw up any future plans. Inwardly, I become hesitant when there is an opportunity to share on what I term as “the good old days.” I am supposed to feel happy in giving God glory through the sharing, but why am I feeling hesitant?

This morning, I saw the YouVersion pop up notification on Philippians 1:6. As I read and mediated on the words, I realize the concern I have is invalid and can be disempowered. I was too focused on my own conduct, making efforts apart from Jesus, knowing my standard will never match up.

In reality, He is the one who has written and will always be writing the story of my life. He is the author and finisher of my faith; the one who ordained all the days of my life in His book even before one of them came to be. He does not use a pen with regular pen ink; He writes it in His blood and suffering. There are no tattered and useless pages in that book. All I got to do is to back up His words and not snatch that precious pen from His hand.

I am thankful for God’s word today. ❤

Comments

  1. Me too Joy - I'm also thankful for His Word which is full of life - powerful, a sword of the Spirit that changes me for the best. I love that I don't run alone, that He's there, running with me and you all the time, opening and closing doors for us. Have an amazing day out there today.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment