The Family Of God



All of you together are Christ’s body, and each of you is a part of it. - 1 Corinthians 12:27

Deriving at a conclusion is like building a box in your mind. If you had encountered a bad experience while being in church before, and you conclude that "Christians and the church sucks", most probably you will never be able to step out of that box and think otherwise. In your Christian walk, you will rather walk it solo.

Churches are made up of imperfect people. There is bound to be personality traits you do not like, things that you cannot click with someone about, etc. You may not like others; others may not like you as well.

I have encountered something beautiful God has done through the church. He fills me with His love, helps me to see beyond every person's imperfection, and love them nevertheless. These different people are precisely the people I can count on when I need support, wisdom and help in life.

Besides being gifted with a biological family, I now have another family - the family of God. From the bottom of my heart, I can call them my brothers, sisters and spiritual parents.

God wants to show you how being in His family can be a very wonderful experience. But, first and foremost, you must allow Him to step in and break that box. Let Him mould your views and make you a loving person. Part of God's plan for your life is to give you a family of God to supplement your growth in Him.

For differences should not set us apart; they should show us how much we need each other.

Comments