Wait On The Lord

To those who have been waiting for the promises of God to come to pass / a breakthrough in some area or some person:

Tiredness, discouragement and hopelessness creep in as we cry out, “O Lord, when?” and it seems that nothing is changing for the good. I did ask The Lord many times, “Why can't you do it now, since you are the God of impossibilities?”

To that, He always replies, “The timing of the promise I have given to you lies in My hands, and My timing is perfect. Trust My heart.” It's really really hard to look with this perspective especially in down and out times.

I imagine the scene where Jesus claimed [as He refers to Himself], “Destroy this Temple, and I will raise it up in 3 days.” (John 2:19) And while being at the Cross, the internal tension He faced within at the brink of death was extreme. I imagine Him saying to God, “Father, I believe in Your promises. They shall come to pass.”

And with that, He declares, “It is finished!”  (John 19:30) He died without any physical prove from God that He will resurrect from the dead, but God the Father indeed proved Himself faithful. Jesus is alive today, and it is because of Him that we can have victory over our circumstances.

He understands what you are going through. He really understands. Trust God's heart. Don't be dismayed or discouraged. Hope in the Lord, my friend!

The Lord is not slow in keeping His promises, as some understand slowness. He is not human that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?

Comments