Child Of A Loving Daddy God

This resurrection life you received from God is not a timid, grave-tending life. It’s adventurously expectant, greeting God with a childlike “What’s next, Papa?” God’s Spirit touches our spirits and confirms who we really are. We know who he is, and we know who we are: Father and children. And we know we are going to get what’s coming to us—an unbelievable inheritance! We go through exactly what Christ goes through. If we go through the hard times with him, then we’re certainly going to go through the good times with him!
Romans 8:15-17 (MSG)
During my quiet time just now, I was led to think about this question, “What does God think about me as His kid?” This spontaneous thought was triggered by a particular photo my mum pasted on my home’s living room wall, with some quotes by an anonymous author. It stated, “If a child lives with security, he learns to have faith in himself.”

To a family who doesn't show care and concern for a family member, when the child doesn't have his identity secured as a family member, gradually thoughts of, “Why I am part of this family” comes to his / her mind.

Similar to this situation, lack of faith and knowledge of your identity as a child of God will lead you to question your self-worth. Not running to the correct source would lead to condemnation and unworthiness, caused by the lies of the enemy, saying that “You were just another person God created and not created with a purpose here on earth.”

As cliché as it may seem to some, the constant counter towards those insecurity thoughts had to be through prayer and reading the bible – constant fellowship (communion) with God. The acceptance through faith, believing the finished work on the Cross and declaring the Lordship of Jesus Christ over our lives grants an open door for God’s Spirit to dwell within us and He confirms our identity as children of Daddy God.

These constant confirmations led me to affirm my identity as Daddy’s kid:

1) Even though I once considered myself as garbage, God considers me precious in His eyes. He fearfully and wonderfully made me in my mother’s womb (Psalm 139:13) and I’m His treasured masterpiece (Ephesians 2:10)
2) Even though I have weaknesses, with God’s help I can overcome them. I just have to humble myself and learn to lean and rely on Him (Philippians 4:13, Romans 8:37)
3) Even at times when I failed, I may be angry with myself and I fear trying again. But God always picks me up and calls me a mighty warrior and encourages me to try again (Judges 6). I am never left alone (Deuteronomy 31:6)
4) I may misinterpret God as an earthly fatherly figure. But I need to know that God is not a Daddy God I imagined Him to be sometimes. His love is unconditional and He is forever patient towards me (Romans 5:8).
5) I was created with a great purpose. God holds the best future of mine in His hands (Jeremiah 29:11).
Start to be in constant communion with the Spirit of God. Keep running to the treasured Word of God with expectancy, eagerness and childlike faith and let your identity be secured in God today. You are a precious child of God and He really really loves you a lot! :)
Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him.
Romans 12:1 (MSG)

"Child, I've never quit loving you and never will. Expect love, love and more love!"

(Linked with Charlotte at Spiritual Sundays)

Comments

  1. Hi Joy,
    Oh yes, we must keep running to the Word of God! I like what you said about running to the Word with expectancy, eagerness and childlike faith.

    I opened my mouth and panted,
    For I longed for Your commandments. Psalm 119:131

    Have a blessed weekend,
    Ken

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment