My Prayer Was Answered!


↑↑↑↑ The Inheritance (The Father's Love Letter) - Graham Cooke ↑↑↑↑
See how very much our Father loves us, for he calls us his children, and that is what we are! But the people who belong to this world don’t recognize that we are God’s children because they don’t know him.
1 John 3:1 (NLT)
While I was reflecting on the goodness of Jesus for me today, He brought me back to the time in 2005, when I was Primary 5 then. That particular day, I came back from school and went to the shoe rack to find my slippers. It was a common shoe rack where the children would put their sandals and casual footwear. No matter how I searched high and low to find that slippers, I only found 1 side.

Because my mum bought that for me a few days ago, plus I didn’t have any other shoe to wear, it was precious to me. I cried like crazy, hiding myself under the blanket and asking Jesus, “Where’s my other slipper? Why it went missing?”

Right now that I was brought back to the incident, I felt it was quite hilarious for me to cry over a lost side of slippers. It’s not only about crying; I believe I was weeping over the loss of that lost pair of slippers! But as a 11 year old kid then, I didn’t care much. I just want my slippers back.

Miraculously, the next day, I found that this boy was wearing my slippers! I knew that it was mine because, firstly, he was wearing one of my slipper and another sandal (which obviously didn’t match), and the size was a unique size that I believed didn’t fit him at all. I took back that lost side of slipper and went smiling away. I didn’t really thank God for helping me find that lost side of slippers. I was just happy that I found it back.

Now, my heart is brought to thankfulness and gratitude. Thinking about this, God could actually not find that slipper for me. It’s a small thing anyway. But God loves me and He cares for the little things in my life, even if it meant that one lost side of the slipper.

Friends, God loves you a lot! He sees you beautiful and He cares for the little things in your life! Even if you are far from Him, it can’t change the measure of His love for you, because you are His masterpiece, and His love will never change for you. He desires an intimate relationship with you, like a Daddy and a child. Daddy God wants to come close to you. On your part, are you willing to take that bold step and open your heart to let Him in? You’re My beloved,” says the Lord.

Thank You Jesus for loving me. Thank You Jesus for dying on the Cross for me. You can actually choose not to do it, but because you saw me and your beloved people, that crazy love drove you to the Cross. Even though right now I'm still in the midst of grasping the full extent of Your love for me, so help me and give me a revelation of that great love. I praise You and thank You for simply being who you are – a loving Daddy God.
Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully.
1 Peter 5:7 (AMP)

Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
Psalm 23:6 (NIV)
(Linking with Charlotte at Spiritual Sunday)

12 comments:

  1. Great post about how big Is God's love for us:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks Joy! So cool we have the same name! May God bless ya abundantly with His joy as your strength! :D

      Delete
  2. He is so big and yet loves you and me. Thanks for sharing about your slipper story. God is good. Be blessed this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth hope you've been blessed by this :)

      Delete
  3. Love this Joy; even the smallest things can bring laughter and joy, and we are the luckiest people in the world to have so many reasons to thank God every day of our lives. I am so thankful for a God whose love never fails!

    Blessings and hugs my friend!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise! And I really thank God that His love is never ending and unchanging too! God bless ya! :D

      Delete
  4. Aww...what a sweet and special story. We do have a loving Heavenly Daddy. His love cannot be measured but can be felt when we find our lost slide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! SO thankful that I have a loving and sweet Daddy! God bless ya Pamela! :D

      Delete
  5. Hi Joy,
    Thank you for sharing this wonderful post with us. I think of this passage:
    30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows. Matthew 10:30-31
    God's love sure is a wonderful thing.
    Blessings,
    Ken

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ken for this comment! Yes God's love is a great and awesome thing I could ever have! Loved the verse you shared too! :D

      Delete
  6. This is a great story Joy! Such a great reminder of how much God loves every little detail in our lives. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I thank God that He looks towards the small details of our life that we care about too. He dearly loves you and me so much! <3

      Delete

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the posts or leave a comment.

Alternatively, you may leave a comment on my ComeComment! page

Powered by Blogger.