Revelation Of God's Holiness

Therefore, with minds that are alert and fully sober, set your hope on the grace to be brought to you when Jesus Christ is revealed at his coming. As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”
1 Peter 1:13-16 (NIV)
The Lord brought me back to the time when I asked Him, “God, give me a revelation of Your holiness. Show me what it means by being set apart for You.” I recalled the happenings of the day after I made that prayer. I would be more sensitive to the convictions of the Holy Spirit and I will not make decisions based on my own fleshly desires and actions, but based on what God wanted me to do. Whenever I did something that was not aligned with the will of God, I would hear a voice inside of me, which I presumed was the Holy Spirit, crying in the inside of me. At that point of time, if I did not listen to God but I chose to do my own will, I would feel sad, but that sorrow would cause me to repent because I realized His kindness which led me to repentance.

As I began to ask God for the reason why He brought me back to this prayer I said months before, He gave me this statement, "The fear of the Lord." That statement ringed in my ears for a while, and it suddenly dawned on me that the recent decisions I had made was not aligned in His will. All of a sudden I found I lost a certain fear of the Lord because I was following my own desires now more than His. I followed the path of temptations that came facing toward me, and I bore a “God will surely forgive me” attitude, abusing the grace He has upon me. I felt so convicted, and I prayed, “God, restore to me the fear of the Lord and give me a revelation of Your holiness once again. I repent of what I have done and I’m tired of being complacent. Holy Spirit let me be so sensitive to Your presence once again.”

God told me, “Remember your first love and the things that you did at first. Don’t grow weary in doing good, for at the proper time you will reap a harvest if you do not give up. I’m looking for a bride without spot and blemish – a bride who has made herself ready for the wedding. Is my Bride ready? Is the Church watching and praying?”

Does God’s mercy make me become complacent just because I accepted Jesus? Does that mean I live my life to please my own flesh just because I have become righteous by faith? I believe being the Bride of Christ, without spot and blemish, means being perfect. When I think of perfection I think of a scenario when I scored for my test. Getting full marks means a perfect score; getting just one mistake makes the score imperfect. In that case, I won’t even be perfect because even if I have sinned one time in my life, I have missed the mark. How, then, can anyone make the mark to be the Bride of Christ?

God revealed to me, “The perfection of my Bride is not perfection in doing; it’s about perfection in being. Each day, it is your prayer to become more like Christ; not to only do to become more like Christ. Perfection in doing is behaving like God, leading you to lose the grace to accept your faults; perfection in being is becoming more and more like Christ, having the dependency on Me so that You can do my Will.”

This is my prayer today, that You’ll restore to us the fear of the Lord, give us a revelation of Your holiness and help us understand what it means to be set apart for You alone.
For your Maker is your husband--the LORD Almighty is his name--the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer; he is called the God of all the earth.
Isaiah 54:5 (NIV) 
But let endurance and steadfastness and patience have full play and do a thorough work, so that you may be [people] perfectly and fully developed [with no defects], lacking in nothing.
James 1:4 (AMP) 
Christ's love makes the church whole. His words evoke her beauty. Everything he does and says is designed to bring the best out of her, dressing her in dazzling white silk, radiant with holiness.
Ephesians 5:25-27 (MSG)

10 comments:

  1. Spelling error, "as I began to ask God".

    Create in me a pure heart, O God,
    and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
    Do not cast me from your presence
    or take your Holy Spirit from me.
    Restore to me the joy of your salvation
    and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. Psalm 51:10-12

    Thank you for such a wonderful post, just what I felt the Holy Spirit talking to me about :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jon: Huh spelling error meh? It looks okay to me... Haha anyway English aside (because mine isn't really that good), great to know that God is also speaking the same things to you. Hope God will continue to speak to you each day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is true my friend; God listens and sends us a message in many different ways when we are fully surrendered to Him. He waits for our willing response to His call, and delights in our continuous conversations with Him throughout the day!

    Blessings and hugs Joy!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denise: Yeah so thankful that God pursues me everyday and speaks to me! Praying that your walk will be closer with God too! :D

      Delete
  4. there's no safer or better place than in the centre of His will. I love your heart Joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank God for changing my heart. I believe I am still in the process of learning to let Jesus be in the centre of everything in my life, and I thank Him for being patient with me. God bless u Nikki! :D

      Delete
  5. Hi Joy,
    Awesome post! I know many times I have abused His grace and behaved in a way I should not have. It is so important to see God's holiness and He calls us to be also.

    Thanks for visiting my blog. It is nice to hear from you and a pleasure visiting your site reading what you have written.

    God bless,
    Ken

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes so true that we should fix our eyes on Jesus! Your blog inspires me too! Welcome back once again to blogging and I believe God will continue to speak to you to inspire more people. God bless ya Ken! :D

      Delete
  6. Hi Joy! I loved this post. God speaks to me too. It's cool this seems to be a theme in the Christians blogs right now : ) Returning to Jesus for the joy of our salvation. We must "Seek first His kingdom and righteousness." Then the rest is breathless. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen! Yes I noticed that almost every blog I visited has the same theme! Thank God I believe it's the same Spirit that is leading us to blog! God bless ya Karen! :D

      Delete

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the posts or leave a comment.

Alternatively, you may leave a comment on my ComeComment! page

Powered by Blogger.