To Fight; Not To Quit


These few weeks have been a rather rough week for me. Just as I felt screwed up at the earlier part of the week, God told me that He wants to continue moulding and shaping my character. “My beloved Joy, be faithful in the little now, and staying faithful means continuing on to fight your battle and not give up. I want you to stay on in your battle. Don't quit!”

During my devotions God brought me to the book of Job. These particular verses stood out so much for me:
Behold, you have instructed many, and you have strengthened the weak hands. Your words have held firm him who was falling, and you have strengthened the feeble knees. But now it is come upon you, and you faint and are grieved; it touches you, and you are troubled and dismayed. Is not your [reverent] fear of God your confidence and the integrity and uprightness of your ways your hope?
Job 4:3-6 (AMP)
Before this battle came blowing at me, I wondered how God has used me to strengthen the people around me, but now when it came to me, I wanted to give up so badly. I thank God for telling me to stay strong. God will never place me in a trial just to mock at me when I keep failing; He wants me to rely on His strength and emerge strong. Fearing God should be my source of confidence.

Also, God asked me to hear the sermon preached by Pastor Philip Mantofa, titled “Jesus - Before 30”. After hearing the whole sermon, I felt so strengthened because of what God spoke through him:

“Joy, I want to use your youth to prepare you for a greater calling I have for you in the future. Respect time, identify teachable moments and stay highly focused. It's only when your eyes are fixed on the greater calling I have placed upon your life, and then you will begin to spare yourself and others from unnecessary pains and failures. Take heart, my child, for you are in my safe hands.”

Thank God for believing so much in me. I believe it's time I take a stand: to fight; not to quit. God I pray that you’ll grant me the strength to stay on in my battles. Use me mightily, Lord in Your hands.
Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you. See, darkness covers the earth and thick darkness is over the peoples, but the Lord rises upon you and his glory appears over you. Nations will come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your dawn.”
Isaiah 60:1-3 (NIV)

Dear, dear Corinthians, I can't tell you how much I long for you to enter this wide-open, spacious life. We didn't fence you in. The smallness you feel comes from within you. Your lives aren't small, but you're living them in a small way. I'm speaking as plainly as I can and with great affection. Open up your lives. Live openly and expansively!
2 Corinthians 6:11-13 (MSG)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Joy,

    How well I know and have learned so many times in the past that God is stronger than all of my fears and anxieties put together! Sometimes it takes risking it all, and removing all obstacles that "shut" Him out. We must let God mold and shape every area of our life.

    BTW...I just want to thank you for your wonderful and sweet comments; they always mean so much to me! :)

    Blessings and love!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks Denise! Glad that the comments blessed you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a great blessing Joy! I love you little sister : ) Your writing and thoughts are so open and real. May God bless you abundantly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey thanks Karen! Love reading your blog too and looking at those snapshots you took to accompany your post! Just so awesome too! God bless ya! :D

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the posts or leave a comment.

Alternatively, you may leave a comment on my ComeComment! page

Powered by Blogger.