“I Will Step Out!"


If not you, then who? If not now, then when? - Hillel

In the past, I came to a conclusion that I was actually afraid of being placed into a new environment and having to attempt doing things I had never done before. I remembered having thoughts of not wanting to go to class whenever the semester changes because it meant that the class would re-shuffle, and it meant having to meet new faces. When I am called try something new, or do something out of the ordinary things I will do, I would not dare to try out as I didn’t know what to expect.

Isn’t that sometimes how we react to God also? When he commissions us to do something, we can come up with 1000 excuses. I remembered giving God a whole load of excuses over the times when He asks me to do things, but He will always say something that I will never be able to rebut back:

1) Excuse: “But I don’t have enough time. I got other things at hand.”
“If you will spend 5 minutes procrastinating or slacking away, why not spend 5 minutes doing what I have called you to do?”
Matthew 6:33 - I may need to finish playing my game, but when I realise the more important task I should be doing first, time won’t be an issue to me anymore.
- Time is not an issue; your commitment is the issue. Make yourself available! - 

2) Excuse: “But I am shy / But I have stage fright.”
“If you will spend 5 minutes analyzing and listing down your weaknesses, why not spend 5 minutes praying, resting and relying on My grace?”
2 Corinthians 12:9, Philippians 4:13 – I may regard myself as weak and powerless. I may not be able to do things with my own strength. But when I realise God’s strength and grace is more than sufficient for me, my weaknesses are no more excuses.
- Never let weaknesses crumple your Call, for grace got your back! -
3) Excuse: “But I am only a kid.” (Confession: Used to be the most favourite excuse I will use to tell God…)
“If you will spend 5 minutes telling Me all the disadvantages you have being a kid, why not spend 5 minutes digging into the Word and changing your perspective, that I can use you no matter how young you are?”
2 Corinthians 6:11-13, 1 Timothy 4:12 – I may see myself as small. I may just be a kid. But when I realise God desires to work in me and through me, age doesn’t matter anymore.
- Age is not an issue; your level of openness to God is the issue! –
4) Excuse: “But I don’t know what to expect.” (My most recent excuse which required God to correct me)
“If you will spend 5 minutes listing down all the possibilities of the worst case scenarios you may expect, then begin doubting and worrying about what will happen, why not spend 5 minutes just resting in this promise that ‘your future’s in My hands’?”
Jeremiah 29:11, Psalm 31:3-5 – I may not what to expect. The future may be unknown to me. But when I realise who holds my future, I will stop desiring to know what to expect.
- Don’t fear not knowing what the future holds; Rest in the strong arms who’s got your future in His hands. –
5) Excuse: “But I have failed in the past.”
“If you will spend 5 minutes counting the times you failed, why not spend 5 minutes just shifting your focus back onto Me?”
2 Corinthians 5:17, Colossians 2:15 – I may have failed in the past. But when I realise Jesus has cleansed me of my past, and He could even triumph over death, what excuse I got now not to try again?
- Your past failures don’t define you. When your heart is set upon Jesus and you start to take steps of faith, watch what God will do! –

God spoke this into my heart, “If you can come up with tons of excuses, why not come up with tons of reasons why you should not answer the Call. What you have to fear? Aren’t I with you?”

God is looking for people that will stop giving excuses when He calls them. God is looking for open vessels that will say, “No excuses for me; I will choose to step out in faith.” God is searching for people that are willing to step out of their comfort zones and tell Him, “Here I am Lord. Use me and have your way in me.” When He calls you, will you be the one choosing to boldly say, “I will step out”? Or will you be the one who tries to boost your creativity juices to let God change His mind and choose someone else?

C’mon who is with me to stop giving excuses and tell God that “I will step out!”?

A relationship with Jesus will always lead to an “I can” on the inside of you.
- Pastor Sergio De La Mora, adapted from the book 'The Heart Revolution'
“No one shall be able to overthrow the works that I have commissioned you to do. My child, do not fear! Stand bold and be strong! Stop counting the cost; start running for the cause!” 
 - But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God." (Acts 5:39 NIV)

4 comments:

  1. Great post Joy. You are wise beyond your years!
    Thank you for posting this.
    Blessings...Chelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God for the wisdom and great to know that you've been blessed by this post! God bless ya! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joy,

    I love "- Don’t fear not knowing what the future holds; Rest in the strong arms who’s got your future in His hands. –" So true; we should never say never when it comes to what God can do! God’s power is displayed in our weaknesses and that should give us courage and hope; when we allow God to fill us with His power, then we are stronger than we could ever be on our own! :)

    Blessings and hugs friend!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey thanks Denise! Glad you're blessed by this post! God bless! :D

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the posts or leave a comment.

Alternatively, you may leave a comment on my ComeComment! page

Powered by Blogger.