Unity In The Body



Last week some of my church mates were talking about the difference between pork and bacon, and then out of the blue we linked it to the topic of the members in the Body of Christ (I know this has simply no link, but I really love how we managed to linked it up at the end)! Just thought that it would be nice to share some of the things God spoke to me through this conversation:


When a pig's toes are injured, the pain will affect the feelings and the pig will feel it is suffering because of the discomfort. Likewise as the Body of Christ, what if we're only the toenail or the finger of the body of Christ? It doesn't make us smaller either just because we are smaller size than the other parts of the Body; the way that we handle our discomfort can cause the whole Body of Christ to be either encouraged or suffer.

Even when the pig's toes are chop off, not only will it feel the pain, but something is actually missing, and no other parts of the Body can replace its function. Likewise, as members of the Body, every one of us is valuable and indispensable. We can't say that just because we're only members of the church then we are less important as the leaders - No, for everyone is destined for greater things!

God also reminded me of this book which I finished reading recently called ‘The Grip of Grace’ by Max Lucado. In this particular chapter ‘Life aboard the ship’, it stated:


“All people will know that you are my followers if you love each other.” Stop and think about this verse for a minute. Could it be that unity is the key to reaching the world for Christ?

If unity is the key to evangelism, shouldn’t it have precedence in our prayers? Shouldn’t we, as Paul said, “make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace” (Eph. 4:3 NW)? If unity matters to God, then shouldn’t unity matter to us? If unity is a priority in heaven, then shouldn’t it be a priority on earth?

Nowhere, by the way, are we told to build unity. We are told simply to keep unity. From God’s perspective there is but “one flock and one shepherd” (John 10:16). Unity does not need to be created; it simply needs to be protected.

How do we do that? How do we make every effort to keep the unity? Does that mean we compromise our convictions? No. Does that mean we abandon the truths we cherish? No. But it does mean we look long and hard at the attitudes we carry.

Unity makes the church an unstoppable force – not even the devil will be able to stop us from advancing. Could it be that unity the key to reaching the world for Christ? I guess that’s the answer. When everyone is united, having the same heartbeat as the Master, desiring to draw people back into the Kingdom of God, I really believe that we will begin to see a great harvest of souls!

Even in this season right now, I believe that God wants to stir up His church to be united in Him and as a Body, to just move in one accord to fulfill the plans and purposes that He has for His people. As members of the Body of Christ, let us then do our part to build up and strengthen the Body as we see ourselves as how God sees us – a useful and indispensable asset to the Body of Christ.


I'm praying not only for them but also for those who will believe in me because of them and their witness about me. The goal is for all of them to become one heart and mind— just as you, Father, are in me and I in you, so they might be one heart and mind with us. Then the world might believe that you, in fact, sent me. The same glory you gave me, I gave them, so they'll be as unified and together as we are— I in them and you in me. Then they'll be mature in this oneness, and give the godless world evidence that you've sent me and loved them in the same way you've loved me.
John 17:20-23 (MSG)

1 comment:

  1. This is great Joy! So true when one of us is absent the whole body suffers. And how we handle things affects others. Thanks for sharing it : ) God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the posts or leave a comment.

Alternatively, you may leave a comment on my ComeComment! page

Powered by Blogger.