A New Season, A New Beginning

It's been a whole new season for me. Currently I'm trying to get used to the temporary breaks because I'm excused from some church activities, and I'm still trying to adapt and rest. Frankly speaking I'm not really getting used to it haha. But well I still thank God that He gave me a greater excitement everyday which I can look forward to: To get into His presence! And of course having more time to hear sermons haha :D

After hearing the sermon that Pastor Philip Mantofa preached about titled The Secret Of Living In God's presence (Part 1 and Part 2), God began teaching and challenging me to go deeper into His presence. He told me that Jesus is the gate for the sheep (John 10:7), and when I accepted Christ, I am brought to Jesus, the entrance of the gate. But I cannot be satisfied just staying at the entrance of the gate; I want to go deeper into His presence.

Fruit trees of all kinds will grow on both banks of the river. Their leaves will not wither, nor will their fruit fail. Every month they will bear fruit, because the water from the sanctuary flows to them. Their fruit will serve for food and their leaves for healing.
Ezekiel 47:12 (NIV)

You know that you are God's sanctuary and that God's Spirit lives in you, don't you?
1 Corinthians 3:16 (ISV)

Knowing that my body is a temple of the Holy Spirit (Sanctuary), God told me that He wants to use me to change the atmosphere into a channel for His power and love to blow in places, and with that I need to open myself to God to allow Him to use me and work through me.

After hearing the whole sermon I decided to listen what God has to speak to me. He said, “Joy, don't settle just for the entrance of the gate; go deeper into My presence till the point where it becomes a river. Be a carrier of My presence!”

The word “contagious” kept ringing in my head even as I began to ponder about those words God spoke to me. He told me, “Be open so that I can flow and work through you. There is going to be contagious faith, presence, anointing and fire rising from within you and people are going to catch the same faith that you have...”

I began to see myself like a river. Water was gushing out from my body and it touched the people around me. I felt led by the spirit to proclaim Isaiah 61:

The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion— to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor… 
Isaiah 61:1-3 (NIV)

I began to see God’s power moving through me. The people who were physically and emotionally broken were healed. People began to see that Jesus is the light to the darkness as they realise their weakness in the circumstances they have been going through. A generation of soul-winners and revivalists were raised up and they began to testify to God's goodness. People were crying out as they began to humble themselves and repent, “Heal our land, Lord.”

As the water touched the people, they were radically transformed by God and I saw that they became mightily used by God. They opened themselves to God and His power became flowing in and through them like a great river. Soon the whole region was flooded with His love and power, and the waters were spreading and moving into more and more regions. Contagious!

“All these, Joy, you will see them come to pass when you are faithful and obedient to My call. Guard your heart and your spirit from the devil’s traps, and desire to come deeper into My presence.”

I know the devil is pissed off right now. The more I obey God and became on fire for Him, the more attacks I’ll see the devil launching out to make me stumble in my faith. But I know that I am destined for greater, and I cannot take my focus off from Jesus even in a split second. And all I can pray for right now is these points:

1) All of Jesus and none of me (Remember to give God all the glory and die to self)
2) A greater fire and passion to rise up in me for the things of God
3) The spirit of weariness and hopelessness to be taken away when I see situations that seem impossible (Remember to keep my eyes focused on Jesus), and
4) A greater thirst, hunger and discipline to answer and be obedient to the call of God

It’s a new season and a new beginning, and I cannot wait to see what God is going to do through me. Be the centre of my life, Jesus, for my life belongs to you...

2 comments:

  1. Great post Joy; God’s purpose is to change us and practice His way of life…from the inside out, and sometimes we just have to bury what is dead and gone and look forward to what lies ahead! How exciting for you to experience the change that is emerging from within you! :)

    Blessings and God's love,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah thanks Denise! Great to see how God is working in and through my life, and I pray that He is also working in yours! :D

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the posts or leave a comment.

Alternatively, you may leave a comment on my ComeComment! page

Powered by Blogger.