I know My God Is Able!

 
You said You're for me
So who can stand against
You are with me Lord I know that
Nothing is too hard for You…

For these few days I have been going through situations that have been making me feel tired.  I went through countless spiritual battles, one of which was this particular battle that has been on-going for months and months. I felt tired. I felt drained out. I really wanted to give up. I didn’t tell anyone about the problems I have been through because I did not want them to worry and I was afraid that it would be of a burden to them. I felt I have allowed the spirit of condemnation to be inside of me, causing me to feel unworthy and even make me become insensitive to the feelings of others around me.

God wanted me to stop all that thoughts flowing through my mind. He must have known I was going to snap. He knew I was at my weakest point where I have lost focus on Him and I felt like I was fighting a losing battle. I just told God, “I am so tired. I know that you knew I was tired. I really want to give up. I can’t fight this anymore. Can we just leave this battle as it is? Just leave it…”

Then His reply was this, “Pass this battle to who? The devil? How can I let him reign over your problems and your battle? You are not fighting a losing but a winning battle. I am the victory. You are not alone for I am with you granting you the strength to carry on.”

I was just overwhelmed. How can God still believe in me when I am so tired and feel like giving up this battle? He was rooting for me, sending leaders to talk to me. Even for both Sunday services last week, God kept assuring me, “Nothing is too hard for me.”

During the worship in the morning a Pastor got a word from God and said, “No matter what situations you’re going through, God is with you and He’ll bring you through.” Another Pastor in the morning was preaching about season of loneliness, saying that we are not alone in the trials we’re facing.  My net leaders constantly said, “If God is for you, who can be against you? The devil wants you to give up – that is his plan. But God is with you and He will bring you through…” At evening service a Pastor asked the people who have been feeling physically / emotionally tired to raise up their hand for prayer. While I was doing devotions God spoke to me through this verse:
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7 (NIV)
“The devil uses chaos as his playground. He is bent on destroying you and your relationship with Me. His plan is to make you tired and give up altogether. But don’t fear Joy. Don’t be anxious and keep thinking deep on your own, for I have given you a peace that transcends all understanding. Calm your mind and focus on me. After all, you have gone this far, so why do you want to give up this fight now? Don’t do things through your own strength; abide, trust and rest in My love.”

I admit I am weak. I am not a strong Christian at all. I will fail and cry, weeping like a baby and leaving God’s robe and body all wet with my tears. But I know that whenever I do that, God is cradling me in His strong arms, comforting me and laying His hands on me, granting me strength to carry on. His sweet voice speaks softly into my ears. Every word that He spoke, I felt the love and power.

Thank God that He is not only Lord over my life, Creator over the universe, but He is also my Father that I can go to seek shelter, the best Friend that I can confide and pour out all my problems too, not worrying that He will laugh at me when I weep in front of Him. Thank God for He is God. I know that God is more than able!

“If God is for us, who can be against us?”
 Romans 8:31 (NIV)
But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence.
Jeremiah 17:7 (NLT)

No comments

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the posts or leave a comment.

Alternatively, you may leave a comment on my ComeComment! page

Powered by Blogger.