Once Imprisoned; Now Set Free


Committing a crime brings consequences. Either you will be imprisoned in jail or you will have to pay a penalty.

What if you committed a crime and this random guy paid off your bail and serves your sentence?

“I think that guy must be nuts!”

“I don't even know him. Why will he serve jail term for my sake?”

I reckoned some of your reactions to be like this. Yes even I will think it’s crazy for that random guy to serve my sentence when I didn't even know him.

Do you know that you are imprisoned by your deeds, and Jesus came to pay your debt? I believe some of you reading this now are not even aware that you have been placed in this prison.

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6:23 (NLT)

Sin brings consequence. The bible states that the wages of sin is death. We pay the price for what we have done with a death penalty. But because God love His creation so much, He sent His son, Jesus, to pay the debt and serve our sentence, all upon that cross.

There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.
John 15:13 (NLT)

Yes I believe some of you don't even know that Jesus died for your sins. You may still be thinking why a man whom you don’t even know would serve your sentence. This is because He has so much love for you, more than enough to drive Him to the cross. This is the only greatest expression of love, and this is found in Jesus.

For you know that God paid a ransom to save you from the empty life you inherited from your ancestors. And the ransom he paid was not mere gold or silver. It was the precious blood of Christ, the sinless, spotless Lamb of God.
1 Peter 1:18-19 (NLT)

Some of us are feeling shameful and unworthy for what we have done. We thought that Jesus couldn't pay off our debts at one go. But my friend, He came as the Lamb of God who took away the sin of the world!

Jesus served your sentence, hence you no longer need to condemn yourself, because by doing so, you’re locking yourself in that prison, telling the jail guard, “I want to serve the jail term myself.” The jail guard will tell you, “But this man served your sentence. How can I bring Him back to life again and let you serve your sentence? Go in peace, your debt has been fully paid!”

Know the depths of His love and grace for you, and be driven to lead a life blameless, holy and worthy for Him today.

The devil tells you, “Go to jail! The jail of condemnation!” Jesus shows you the mark of His hands and say, “I paid your sentence. Now you have been set free. Go and sin no more!”

2 comments:

  1. I am so thankful for a God who opens my eyes and responds with loving forgiveness to my sinful character! Although I know that my day cannot be without sin, my choice is to be a humble follower of Christ throughout every minute of the day before me. :)

    Great post Joy! Blessings and hugs,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the posts or leave a comment.

Alternatively, you may leave a comment on my ComeComment! page

Powered by Blogger.