In My weakness, I'll Boast

Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.
2 Corinthians 12:9 (NLT)

Three different times Paul begged with the Lord to take away that thorn that was placed in his flesh, and each time this was His simple reply, “Boast in Your weakness.”

Sometimes when we are placed in similar situations, for instance, trials, we may feel that those situations are like thorns poked into our flesh. We thought that those situations are only bringing more suffering and harm, and we beg God to take those situations away from our lives.

But sometimes, God just wants us to boast in our weakness and rely on Him. Instead of desiring to get out of that situation, He wants us to boast in our weakness so that his power may rest on us.

Sometimes the shame that we thought is present stops us from boasting in our weakness. We are afraid at how God looks at us, that He may laugh at us or look at us differently after we boast in our weakness. However, He long beforehand knew what our weaknesses were. If you are not boasting in your weakness, formality is a wall blocking you from growing into an intimate relationship with God.

Take for example, if you have a close friend, and he is the only friend you can trust, won’t you confide and tell him the situations in your life so that he can maybe work out a solution for you or encourage you a little? What more when Jesus is a friend who sticks closer than a brother (Proverbs 18:24)! You don’t need to be afraid that he’ll go around boasting to his angels about your weakness. Break the wall of formality and boast gladly about your weakness so that His power will rest upon you.

If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.
1 Corinthians 12:26 (NIV)

Also, when God tells you to confide in your leaders regarding this matter, your first reaction may be, “So embarrassing! I rather not say it out.” Since you and your leader also belong to the body of Christ, God has placed them as strength to the body. Boast and trust that the person you’re confiding in will not take it for bad intentions, for the body of Christ are supposed to encourage and build each other up (1 Thessalonians 5:11).

That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Corinthians 12:10 (NLT)

Only when I am weak, then I am strong. Not boasting in my weakness is as good as saying, “I have no weakness,” which is actually not true. It is only when I boast and admit that I am weak, then Christ’s power can rest on me.

I rather suffer more for Christ, so that I can rely on Him and let his power rest on me. May I only boast in the Lord…

4 comments:

  1. This is a great post. We really do need to be real and not pretend perfection. Although I don't come close to that! So it's not so hard. You're right we do more harm to others by looking down on them, then understanding them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you'll have the strength to be real with God and with others! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    I love this what you said, "Not boasting in my weakness is as good as saying, “I have no weakness,” which is actually not true." That sums it up quite well. Thanks for sharing and God bless,
    Ken

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the posts or leave a comment.

Alternatively, you may leave a comment on my ComeComment! page

Powered by Blogger.