Brokenness



On the day the LORD gave the Israelites victory over the Amorites, Joshua prayed to the LORD in front of all the people of Israel. He said,
“Let the sun stand still over Gibeon,
and the moon over the valley of Aijalon.”
Joshua 10:12 (NLT)

Last Saturday (which was like 2 days ago...) my youth Pastor Jeremy Seaward delivered an awesome word titled Sun stand still. The word taught me to have the Sun stand still faith like Joshua. Stated in Joshua 10:12, when Joshua spoke an audacious prayer in front of the people of Israel, for the Sun to stand still over Gibeon, the sun really stood still and the Lord gave victory to the Israelite army.

Halfway through while the Pastor was still speaking, my thoughts were wrestling against each other. While one side told me to believe and trust in God, the other told me to focus on my current situation and tell myself, “It's impossible.”

As I prayed for God's power to be over my situation, I totally broke down. I wept and I cried out to God, “Father, help me overcome my unbelief!” I didn't know how many times I said that. Through my prayer, all I knew was that I couldn't stop crying out the name of Jesus. He challenged me to have that Sun stand still faith, that no matter how much I was facing and going through, I need to recognise who God is.

As I uncontrollably wept, I heard these words ringing non-stop in my ears, “Treasures in jars of clay.” I didn't know what it meant initially, but I just decided to check out the bible, and this verse stood out:

We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves.
2 Corinthians 4:7 (NLT)

God spoke to me that I'm like a light being placed in a clay jar, but unless that clay jar is totally broken, that light cannot be emitted. To let that light give out its full potential, my jar need to be broken till it’s beyond repair.

I hear that reassuring voice of God telling me, “Joy, it’s okay to cry. You held your emotions for so long. It's time to let it all out. Lean on my strong arms and cry out.”

Just want to encourage all of you reading this now not to be afraid of being broken. Only when you're fully broken, you can learn to rely fully in His power.

I rely on You Father. You're all that I need. Though I'm nothing, use my life for Your glory. Glorify Your Son through my life... Thank You Jesus for You hear the cry of the broken. I lean on You today.

One language to explain the Holy Spirit best is the language of the heart and tears.
Pastor Philip Mantofa

No comments

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the posts or leave a comment.

Alternatively, you may leave a comment on my ComeComment! page

Powered by Blogger.