Know Jesus!



Here are just 10 thoughts you can question yourself to find out if you really know Jesus:

1) If I found out about Jesus through my friends or through people who have evangelized to me, most probably I don't know Jesus yet (Romans 10:10)
2) If I believe Jesus won't accept me just because of the screwed past I had, or just because I've backslidden, most probably I don't know Jesus well (1 John 2:1)
3) If I think Jesus chooses perfectionist and qualified to come into His service, most likely I need to check out who Jesus really is (1 Corinthians 1:26-31)
4) If I believe miracles are of the past - I don’t believe that Jesus can work a miracle in my life, most probably I need to know the Power of God (1 John 14:12)
5) If I don't know the voice of Jesus - if I cannot distinguish between the voice of the enemy and the voice of God, most probably I don't know Jesus well yet (John 10:27)
6) If I doubt God's intentions and plans for my life, and I believe my plan is the better plan, most probably I don't really know Jesus (Jeremiah 29:11)
7) If I tend to worry about things - even the slightest things, most probably I'm not placing my full trust in Jesus yet (Matthew 6:34)
8) If I think Jesus purposefully wants to make me suffer in situations just because I've sinned against Him, most probably I don't know Jesus well (2 Corinthians 4:17)
9) If I think Jesus condemns me when I sinned against Him, most probably I don't know the character of Jesus that well (John 3:17)
10) If I'm giving Jesus all the praise at good times and blaming Him in all bad situations, most probably I don't know Jesus well enough (1 Thessalonians 5:18)

When I really know Jesus, these situations shouldn't be a part of a play in my life. When I really know Jesus, I recognise who Jesus is, and I don't misunderstand Him at all. Hard times shouldn't distort the Jesus I knew. When I really know Jesus, there should be a relationship between me and Him, and the relationship shouldn't just be on the surface; I will have a desire to get deeper and closer into His presence, until I can distinctively recognise His voice. Even the people around will call you blessed because the Lord's favour is upon your life!

You see, I can go to Google and search, “Who is Jesus?” I can find out 1000, or even infinite facts about Jesus. I can sit in church every Sunday and have the word of God preached to me. I can take up some bible courses or become a bible scholar myself. I can memorise the entire bible and quote from scripture to scripture. But, in the end, I only know about Jesus; I don’t know Jesus at all - know the difference!

For we also have had the gospel preached to us, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, because those who heard did not combine it with faith.
Hebrews 4:2 (NIV)

Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.
John 1:12-13 (NIV)

I cannot know a friend well unless I step into a relationship with him or her. Same here, I need to step into a relationship with Jesus to know Him, and this requires faith on my part.

Others, like seed sown on good soil, hear the word, accept it, and produce a crop—some thirty, some sixty, some a hundred times what was sown.
Mark 4:20 (NIV)

Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you.
James 4:7-8 (NIV)

For those who already have a relationship with Jesus, good for you! But if all those 10 situations are a playing a part in your life, maybe you need to go closer to God through the word, for the word is God and He is the word (John 1:1). If you really know Jesus, you will really know the heartbeat of Christ, and neither the devil nor anyone can take away the truth you know about Jesus.

Is the Jesus you know the Jesus you should know? Do you just know about Jesus, or do you really know Jesus? It's time to know Jesus for yourself, if you haven't.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome post. I am growing in my relationship daily with Jesus. You are right, we can know all about Him, yet not really know Him. Thank you for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. LEARN MORE ABOUT PROPHET JESUS (A.S) AND HIS ARRIVAL TO EARTH IN THE NEAR FUTURE. http://islamicsocialsystems.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the posts or leave a comment.

Alternatively, you may leave a comment on my ComeComment! page

Powered by Blogger.