Love - Part 2


Whatever gifts that we have, if we do not do it in love, it all comes to nothing.

Take verse 3 as reference. If I can give my possessions to the poor so that I can claim credit for myself, or so that I can get famous, am I doing it out of love?

If God grants me the gift of wisdom, but I am doing it so that people can say I am wise and make me feel extremely good about myself, am I doing it because I love and want to encourage the person, or doing it just for my own fame?

This is why verse 8-9 goes on to say: when there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part. When we are not exercising our gifts in love, it all comes to nothing.

Love is patient (verse 1). When you are teaching a slow-learner, do you get impatient because the person never understands what you are trying to tell them?

Love is not self-seeking (verse 5), meaning love is all about putting others first. Love is never selfish towards others; even to yourself. When we serve in a ministry, do we serve because we love God and His people, or do we do it because we are serving plainly for the sake of serving, to gain recognition, or to let people feel that we are useful?

It is only through perfect love that these gifts are made completed. This is why we need the complete, perfect love of God so that the execution of our gifts will be made complete. Start exercising your gifts with love today!

The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.
1 Timothy 1:5 (NIV)

4 comments:

  1. amen, anointed article! thanks 4 sharing; keep them coming, beloved sister in christ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love and patience is so important. I always have to pray before I reach out. I can't do it on my own. Great post! Thanks for the reminder. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the posts or leave a comment.

Alternatively, you may leave a comment on my ComeComment! page

Powered by Blogger.