Giving Everything



I always regard giving as a blessing. The more I give to God the more I will feel happy because I know that God always gives me more than what I always give to Him. Often, when I think about the great things that God had, has, and will give me in time to come, it blows my mind away.

“What can I give in return to the King?” I know that, no matter how much I give, it shall never surpass the things that He has done for me. Though small, never able to outshine the gifts of God, the only thing I can give to God is my life.

“Small… Small… Small” This word kept dwelling in my heart. How small is my life that God can use? To what extent can my life be of great impact? Though I may be small?

Later, as I read these few verses, I began to see my life in a whole different perspective:

“There’s a young boy here with five barley loaves and two fish. But what good is that with this huge crowd?”

“Tell everyone to sit down,” Jesus said. So they all sat down on the grassy slopes. (The men alone numbered about 5,000.) Then Jesus took the loaves, gave thanks to God, and distributed them to the people. Afterward he did the same with the fish. And they all ate as much as they wanted. After everyone was full, Jesus told his disciples, “Now gather the leftovers, so that nothing is wasted.”

So they picked up the pieces and filled twelve baskets with scraps left by the people who had eaten from the five barley loaves.

When the people saw him do this miraculous sign, they exclaimed, “Surely, he is the Prophet we have been expecting!”
John 6:9-14 (NLT)

Though that young boy had 5 loaves and 2 fishes, only enough for his meal consumption, he gave it to Jesus. If I was in that boy’s position, maybe my initial thought would be identical to his disciple Andrew’s: “But what good is that with the huge crowd?”

Little will I expect that the little food for my meal would be able to feed 20 people, let alone 5,000! But Jesus performed the miracle: there were even leftovers!

It taught me one thing:
My life may be small, but if I would just give Jesus everything, He can use me and multiply everything for His great and big purpose.

Therefore, never belittle the capacity of your life. All it matters is this: Will you give God everything?

No comments

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the posts or leave a comment.

Alternatively, you may leave a comment on my ComeComment! page

Powered by Blogger.