Power In Declarations



Exhausted and tired over questioning God why. It's not that God doesn't want to answer me; I know that He is stirring my faith to believe that He is bigger and greater than my situation. And I know that there is power in declarations, when I declare things over my life:

1) Declare His favor
Why will God put through so much thought to uniquely design you and make sure you come into earth as a beautiful child, handcrafted by Him? This is all because His favor and love is upon your life. You may question God: “Why am I suffering so much? It is as thought you are not near.” Know that God works all things together for good (Romans 8:28), and when He allows tribulations to happen, He will bring you through it.
For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
How precious to me are your thoughts, God!
How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand—
when I awake, I am still with you.
Psalm 139: 1-18 (NLT)

2) Declare God’s grace
Based on past treatments by people, you may think that whatever treatments that humans give you, God will treat you the same way. So if someone in your family constantly punishes you, you will most likely expect God to punish you before He forgives you. But, Jesus is not the same Father that treats you the same. The same picture of the angry daddy may dwell on you when you sinned, hence giving you the thought: “Well, I am not matching up with God’s standards, so I bet He is still angry with me. I don’t think I’ll be forgiven unless He comes down from heaven to punish me.” No, God’s grace is more than sufficient in your life. As long as you admit your sins, confess and apologise, God will forgive you.

David committed adultery with Bathsheba (2 Samuel 11:1-4), and God sent the prophet Nathan. Thereafter, David realized that he was wrong and he admitted his sin to God. It was entirely by God’s grace that set him free and he was called holy again.

When I refused to confess my sin,
my body wasted away,
and I groaned all day long.

Day and night your hand of discipline was heavy on me.
My strength evaporated like water in the summer heat.
Finally, I confessed all my sins to you
and stopped trying to hide my guilt.
I said to myself, “I will confess my rebellion to the LORD.”
And you forgave me! All my guilt is gone.
Psalm 32:3-5 (NLT)
So think clearly and exercise self-control. Look forward to the gracious salvation that will come to you when Jesus Christ is revealed to the world. So you must live as God’s obedient children. Don’t slip back into your old ways of living to satisfy your own desires. You didn’t know any better then. But now you must be holy in everything you do, just as God who chose you is holy. For the Scriptures say, “You must be holy because I am holy.”
1 Peter 1:13-16 (NLT)

3) Declare His kingdom come
When Adam and Eve sinned, God said that they would die and know between right and wrong. Also, they were banished from the garden of Eden (Genesis 3).

"For the Son of Man came to seek and save what was lost."
Luke 19:10 (NIV)

What was lost? Was it our salvation? No! What was lost was the joy and peace that we could enjoy in the Holy kingdom. It was the life that we could enjoy without any worries.

However, God loved us too much, therefore through the victory of Jesus on the cross, we can now easily proclaim His kingdom come upon our lives (Matthew 6:10). For in His kingdom, sickness, bondages, strongholds, pain, guilt shall reign no more.

At times when you feel like questioning God why such things have been happening in your life, and when there seems to be no way out, turn your focus to the kingdom: For in God's kingdom, nothing is impossible. So when you are declaring His kingdom, you are declaring His Lordship over your life. What worries will you ever have when you entrust your life with the King, who has great plans for your life? (Jeremiah 29:11)

Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people.
Matthew 4:23 (NIV)
 
“God blesses those who are poor and realize their need for him, for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs.”
Matthew 5:3 (NLT)
Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures through all generations. The LORD is faithful to all his promises and loving toward all he has made.
Psalms 145:13 (NIV)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post! It was very inspiring for me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea no prob! Thank God for the wisdom too! :D

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the posts or leave a comment.

Alternatively, you may leave a comment on my ComeComment! page

Powered by Blogger.