Age does not matter - Part 1

Photobucket

When God called me to start this Christian blog to run it for Him, initially I was quite happy that God could use me for this generation. But, as the days goes by, I started asking God: "Are you sure that you are going to use me? I'm just a 16 year old childish kid." All that God did at that point of time was to direct my attention to His glory and His people. "I am going to use you for my glory, and for the readers to be strengthened." I felt God speaking this to me. Unknowingly, I have been running this blog for 2 years plus, and I am still running it! So I just want thank God and give Him all the glory and honour He deserves. Without Him, I would not have the strength and the ability to blog; the wisdom was all given through the Spirit.

The questioned that I asked God, regarding my age brought me to these verses:

When Jesus saw the crowd around him, he gave orders to cross to the other side of the lake. 

Then a teacher of the law came to him and said, “Teacher, I will follow you wherever you go.”

Jesus replied, “Foxes have dens and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.” 

Another disciple said to him, “Lord, first let me go and bury my father.” 

But Jesus told him, “Follow me, and let the dead bury their own dead.”
Matthew 8:18-22

When Jesus asked those people mentioned in those verses to follow Him, they made excuses, saying that they are busy and they need to settle their business first before following Him. However, Jesus wanted immediate response.

This also relates me back to the preaching that Pastor Sara Castellanos preached during the youth service:

But Moses said to God, “Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?”

And God said, “I will be with you. And this will be the sign to you that it is I who have sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you will worship God on this mountain.”

Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?”
Exodus 3:11-13

When God wanted to send Moses to Pharaoh to bring the Israelites out of Egypt, Moses made up excuses. However, God knew the people He had chosen, and He does not want people that He had called into service to keep making up excuses. All God wants us to do is to obey. We may come before God, like Moses, telling God that we are nothing, so why will God choose us for this important work. However, if you realised, God uses people who say that they are nothing! If you tell God that you are someone with God reputation, and you are something because you have worked hard for it, most likely God won't use you, because, after the work has been done, being proud, you won't give glory to God. So, stop saying that you are nothing and therefore God has no reason to use you; start to tell God: "If you can use my nothing to aid you in accomplishing your work, then use me." Stop making excuses. Start living for Jesus!

The same goes for age. Being young, you may doubt if God was really going to use you. But, like what the apostle Paul said:

Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.
1 Timothy 4:12

God is a wise God, and He chooses the people whom He thinks can fulfill the duty. So, no matter how young you may be, if God wants to use you, just let God go ahead!

Even for the old, if God wants to use you at this age, just surrender and let God do it. You may wonder and ask God: "But I am in my 50s!" or "But I am already 60!" Well, as I have mentioned above, God is a wise God, so if God calls you into ministry at 50 or 60, just obey. God even used the apostle at His old age:

It is as none other than Paul—an old man and now also a prisoner of Christ Jesus
Philemon 1:9

So, think again. Does age really matter?

(Await... There will be a part 2...)

No comments

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the posts or leave a comment.

Alternatively, you may leave a comment on my ComeComment! page

Powered by Blogger.