Strength renewed


For it is only in Him that I can find strength...

Are there some times when you can identify yourself feeling so tired and not wanting to do anything? For me, in these few days, I am beginning to feel exhausted. I questioned God: “Why must I be in school studying? Why can't I just sleep?” Mainly because of the new school system, I am feeling tired as I try to cope with studies. I must admit that I am getting a little lazy having to do my daily devotions and spending time with God, as I started giving Him excuses that I am busy.

As I thought for a while, I started reflecting on the time that God has given to every one of us each day: 24 hours. Like me, I believe some of us find 24 hours too little, mainly because of the assignments that we need to accomplish. Slowly, I begin counting the number of hours I spend in school: if its a normal school day, I will spend about 1 hour reaching school, spending 7 hours in school studying, then taking public transport back will cost me about 1 hour back to home. Calculating, I will have about 15 hours left. If I have interest group on that day, I will have 9 hours of free time. Then, what will I be doing in those free times? Well, maybe spending time eating, sleeping, and blogging a little, and maybe praying. I realised that as I got even busier, I will spend more time sleeping as I feel tired and lazy to spend time with God. What an unfruitful day!

I decided not to waste my life just sleeping. Admitting that my weakness is being easily tired, I will need to overcome this temptation. 

No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.
1 Corinthians 10:13

Having this in mind, I will overcome this temptation, however pleasant, and start to be victorious. I need to sleep less and spend more precious time with God. Of course, I am not saying that I will go without sleep, but I am sleeping way too much that I am getting lazy to do my devotions and prayer.

So, realising that when I am feeling so tired and cannot seem to concentrate on anything, I think I just stop whatever that I am doing at present and retreat to a solitary place to seek God and hear Him. Sometimes when I feel life is beginning to get hectic, and I cannot adapt to the lifestyle, I need to spend more time with God just to get back on the smooth track. For I know, that when I am in His presence, it will be the time when I feel peaceful and calm.

What joy for those whose strength comes from the Lord, who have set their minds on a pilgrimage to Jerusalem.
Psalm  84:5

Coming up with this conclusion:
The busier life gets, the more I should not get lazy and retreat to dream land; I should seek Him more. Not only I will train myself to overcome temptation, I will also spend more time in His presence!

In His presence shall I find strength
Strength like I have never felt before
Though at times I will feel weary, not wanting to go on with life
I know that God's joy shall be my strength
Therefore I will seek Him evermore till my strength is renewed...

Don't be dejected and sad, for the joy of the LORD is your strength!
Nehemiah 8:10

2 comments:

  1. That is so true. I try and make my quiet time with the Lord in the morning- it doesn't have to be long, just some time reading His Word, listening to His voice, praying. It's my favorite time because it makes the most sense all day! But I get sleepy too. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya but still thankful to Hi who answers prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the posts or leave a comment.

Alternatively, you may leave a comment on my ComeComment! page

Powered by Blogger.