Send us out, God!



I praise and thank God for giving this youth ministry TheEDGE a vision of starting a campaign to reach 100 souls in July. During the training sessions, which were supposed to be a mere training, 112 souls were won to the kingdom of Christ! How supernatural and mind blowing is that!

Having not done street evangelism for long, I was initially afraid of what people will think about me. I was afraid of awkwardness and rejections. At that time, I was guilty of having an opinion of someone, asking God: “Are you sure you want this person to be saved?” I thanked God because He corrected my perspective at that time, saying: “Why should you give up on my people when I did not give up on them?”

So, for the past week, I thank God that He has led me into seeing 4 souls coming into His kingdom, as well as many open hearts that He wanted me to follow up with. Also, I asked God to guide me because I did not know how I was supposed to share or approach them. All God said was this:

“There is no perfect method or way to share the gospel. All you need to do is to carry my spirit along with you.”

During my quiet time, I asked God: how can I share the gospel effectively to these lost souls? He then started to lead me through His word and gave me pointers I had to take note for bringing the gospel out to the nations:

1) Prayer
Firstly, you have to ask for God's guidance in leading you to the lost. Then, pray that God will convict those hearts and turn them to a loving God, Jesus. Also, pray that no harm will come to us while we share the gospel.

“Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.”
Matthew 18:19

2) Compassion
Also, pray for a heart of compassion so that you will know the burden that God has for these souls. When I was walking, searching for a lost soul that God may touch that day, I also told God: "Give me a heart that is yours, O God, so that I may be able to feel for them just as you do for your people." Then, as I walked, and as God began to open my eyes to see this people, I felt there was urgency and a tangible feeling of sadness came all over me. At that instance, I told God: “Use me, Lord, for your people.” Just like how Jesus had compassion for the souls, pray that you will also have the same compassion that Jesus has.

When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.
Matthew 9:36


3) Holy Spirit
It is essential to ask the Spirit for directions to lead you to them. God is the only one who knows the hearts that He will call to salvation today; for some He will choose to sow seeds into their life, and it is going to be done through you, the messenger. Therefore, all you need to do is to ask God to lead you to His people, and be led by the spirit to share. It is important that, when going for evangelism, we need to be prepared and know what we are supposed to say, but, at times when you really do not know what to say, ask God to lead you with His wisdom and give you the right words to speak out to them.

Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to act.
Proverbs 3:27

4) Faith
If you do not have faith to believe that anyone that you will encounter will be saved, how can you expect anything to happen? You need to have faith to believe that those people that God is going to speak through you will accept Christ and have a life changing experience. Even with those people that you have opinions on, you should clear it all away from your mind and start to believe that everyone will come to Christ, for no one shall be deprived to have a taste of God's goodness and love. Go with a heart of expectancy that today will be the day for their salvation. Just tell God: “Open my eyes so that I can see what you see. Open my eyes so that I can see the lost in my midst.” Begin to believe by faith that God will lead you to them.

“Everything is possible for one who believes.”
Mark 9:23

With all these in mind, start to bring the gospel to the nations:
The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few.
Matthew 9:37

How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?
Romans 10:14

Let’s just believe for more souls to come into the kingdom of God. For we will believe for even greater, just as our God is a supernatural God! July, here we come :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so blessed with what you post. You really know the heartbeat of Jesus which is "soul, soul, soul" and you're making it your heartbeat too...

    Help me pray that I can be bold like you too...

    I thank God for giving you these pointers... Amen! This is very helpful in the ministry...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha no prob! May God grant you boldness to share the gospel yea! :D Glad you are encouraged by this! :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the posts or leave a comment.

Alternatively, you may leave a comment on my ComeComment! page

Powered by Blogger.