Routine after routine



For weeks, I have been praying for God to come and encounter me. I wanted to feel God like how I have felt Him when I first rededicated my life to Him. I wanted Him to come and renew that touch upon my life. All I needed was the over pour of His spirit so that I may be assured and strengthened in faith.

However, things did not come out to be what I expected. I asked God: “God, why when I came with a heart of expectancy, expecting to encounter you, you are not appearing to me?” I did not want to go for service after service and praying prayers after prayers leaving disappointed because I did not get my encounter. Sadly to say, I was disappointed with God for a while, and I felt that it was wrong for me to do so.

Since days after days when I did not get my encounter, I begin to ask God: “Am I asking the wrong question?” Gradually, I realised that God was shifting me into a season when I have to rely more on my faith instead of my feelings, and I need to honour and obey what He commands me to do first. It is not that God did not want to encounter me; it is just that the time isn't right.

Last Saturday, when I was at TheEDGE for youth service, I saw people getting touched by the presence and the glory of God, and I too desired to feel it. However, despite prayers after prayers to ask God to come and fill me with His presence, in the end all I felt was weariness taking over me; I was getting real tired of praying, and I started questioning God: "When will be the time when you touch falls on me? I'm getting tired of praying and not seeing results." At that moment, I felt that I was weak.

Then, while Pastor Jeremy was preaching, I told God: “Okay, if I am really asking the wrong question, please get Pastor Jeremy to tell me directly.” In that instant, I got my answer:


“Your obedience is the key to your encounter with God.”


“You need to be ready before God starts to encounter you.”


“Obedience is about trust, action and response.”


“If you are obedient, God will do the rest.”

Clearly, I knew that God was speaking to me. I begin to identify the little things in my life that stops me from having my encounter with Him. It was not that God did not want to encounter me; it was my actions determining if I will get my encounter. When I did not obey God, that disobedience became that dividing wall which stops that encounter from coming through my life.

At that time, I knew that I need to decide if I will really be serious with God, walking in my relationship with Him. From day to day, I need to start being real and serious with my relationship with Him, even if it means restarting my relationship with Him from square one. Therefore, when God tells me: “Hey, start to seek me, and all things shall be added unto you.” It is not going to be because God asks me to do this, or because I want to have a clear conscious; the reason why I obey Him will be because I need to seek Him, not only to overcome my weakness, but also to receive my encounter soon…

(Click HERE to hear podcast: Again part 3)

You who answer prayer, to you all people will come.
Psalm 65:2

Give me understanding, so that I may keep your law and obey it with all my heart.
Psalm 119:34

2 comments:

  1. He is always ready to hear us. Sometimes are hearts are so busy it sounds like a busy signal. But He hears. Obedience is a very good thing. I like this verse too- "Be still and know that I am God." Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea I too like this verse! It's so true that sometimes we're busy but we don't even realise.. But God hears.. :D

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the posts or leave a comment.

Alternatively, you may leave a comment on my ComeComment! page

Powered by Blogger.