Forgotten hands


In God's mighty hands I shall trust...

Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands.
Psalm 78:7

At problematic times, I turn to God and tell Him: “God help me with this”, “God help me with that”. But, sometimes, God doesn't only want us to come to Him when there is a problem.

For this few days, I have been reflecting on times when I forgot God; when I only turn to Him when problems arose. When the problem was solved, all I did was to thank God for all that He has done, then, when the tide is over, and I go on to my normal life, without any problems, I start to take all the peace and quiet as a natural thing. I begin to forget that God was behind the scenes, restoring joy into my life.

I began to put myself in the shoes of God. What if I did a great deed for my friend and yet I was forgotten? What if in the end my friend took the deed that should be done as a 'natural takes its course' movement? Oh no, I will feel heartbroken because I was forgotten.

Similarly, God does not want to be forgotten. He does not want His children to forget that He was the one that calmed that raging sea. In actual fact, if you'd realised, He was the solution to our problems! Wisdom, knowledge, power: this was not possessed by us in the first place; He grants these abilities to us.

Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits— who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
Psalm 103:2-5

Therefore, people, let's not remember God only when we need Him, thinking that every good situation is a natural thing; let's remember God when all things are good and bad. Let's not treat God as a trash bag and pour out all our troubles on Him, but start to give Him the praises that He deserve. As a child of God, start to thank your heavenly Father for all that He has been doing for you, and, the most basic things that you can thank God for, is for the beautiful earth that He has created for you to live in, and then, thank Him for the greater beauty that you will see in your future home, heaven!

Father, I thank you for everything that I see at present, whether it is good or bad.
I thank you for believing in me at times I don't believe in myself.
I thank you for carving a plan for my future, for I know it will be a great one.
Forgive me, Father, for the times I forget you.
Let your hands not be forgotten again, for I know you are always carrying me in your great, mighty arms, in every situation.
I praise you and thank you so much for everything you are doing for me.
Thank you Jesus!

3 comments:

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the posts or leave a comment.

Alternatively, you may leave a comment on my ComeComment! page

Powered by Blogger.