“Oh no! How?”



One day Jesus said to his disciples, “Let us go over to the other side of the lake.” So they got into a boat and set out. As they sailed, he fell asleep. A squall came down on the lake, so that the boat was being swamped, and they were in great danger. The disciples went and woke him, saying, “Master, Master, we’re going to drown!”
He got up and rebuked the wind and the raging waters; the storm subsided, and all was calm. “Where is your faith?” he asked his disciples.
Luke 8:22-25

Today I was reading this verses, and I clearly identified this situation with life's storm. In these verses, the disciples of Jesus were afraid that they will drown due to the great storm. Then they asked themselves: "Oh no! How? What if we drown!" Seeing Jesus sleeping, they panicked and woke him, because they wondered to themselves why could Jesus be so calm even though they were going to die.

Similarly, for everyone, life's storm make us question the reality of God's existence because it is as though He is not with us. When frequent family quarrels arose, when you had to be declared bankrupt or when your relationship with friends start to turn sour, you start to cry out to God, "Oh no! How?"

I remembered there was once when life's storm keeps making me feel down and I did not know what to do at that time, I sought for a super professional advice from a professional, my youth Pastor Jeremy, and this was what he told me:

Storms come and go, but you can decide what to do in the middle of the storm.

When he told me this, I found it rather inspiring, and the first thing I thought about was the power of God. Even though I had storms coming and going, I know that, by His power, He will bring me through the storms. Storms may come and go, but when I treat these storms as tests of faith, I will not be so focused on the storms, but the fact that Jesus is going to bring me through this, and my faith will be strengthened and I will trust all my problems in His hands!

So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?"
Hebrews 13:6


Being bankrupt, all the hard earned money may be lost, and you may start to tell yourself: "All my money is gone. What hope is there in life now?" Or when quarrels keep happening and you do not know what to do, you asked:"Where is God?" Instead of panicking, why not start to speak to your condition and declare that God is here? Remember, He is our Immanuel and He will be with you always, even when you do not feel His presence. Stand by faith today!

"Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid."
Matthew 14:27 

Lastly, just want to share a song again...


And I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

2 comments:

  1. Oh! That's one of my favorite songs :) Really great message. And so true- He can quiet any storm and bring us peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya... And I thank God for He can calm the storms of my life... Never regret knowing Him!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the posts or leave a comment.

Alternatively, you may leave a comment on my ComeComment! page

Powered by Blogger.