Fact, faith, feelings- part 2

Photobucket

Just want to share with you a thought after I read these few verses:

Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that has come on you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice inasmuch as you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.
However, if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name. For it is time for judgement to begin with the family of God...
So then, those who suffer according to God's will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good.
1 Peter 4:12-13, 16-17, 19

During these few days, I thank God for placing leaders in my life as they were a great strength and encouragement to me. Reminded by them, that I had to maintain hopeful and strong, I tried to completely surrender to God, for I know that in such season, I will not be able to survive on my own; I need the word of God as a pillar of strength for each day.

And so, I was asking God to grant me hope and strength, as I acknowledged that I could not finish running this race without Him. I really thank God for giving me this great strength as I read these few verses.

Clearly, I knew that my faith would not be tested if God doesn't believe in me, and I know that these are part and parcels of life: the challenges will make me a strong person…

Applying fact, faith and feelings:

Fact:
Since God speaks in me through the word (John 1:1), I know that when I start to read His word, hope starts to rise (Isaiah 40:31).

And so, in 1 Peter 4, I felt God was telling me not to be surprised at the tests that are going on in my life currently, but I should start rejoicing as I participate in these, for I will be overjoyed as I see His glory revealed. Submit to Him, and believe that I will become victorious at the end, as I will be able to say that I have fought the good fight, ran the good race, and kept my unshakable faith, just as how I place my faith on a solid rock! (2 Timothy 4:7)

Faith:
Begin believing in what He says through the word... Because God never fails! (Hebrews 13:5)

Feelings:
Realize that more hope start to rise and a peace is rising in my heart, letting me trust more in Him!

I knew that I need to completely surrender everything to God, for I know that if I depend on my own strength, I may miss out on some important points that God wants me to learn from. Then when my strength is dried and I have no where to turn to anymore, I will start feeling disappointed and weary. It is as though the whole world is will against me. The minute I realize I have to be fully dependable on His strength and not mine alone, I start to accept His full control of my life and He'll begin speaking to me because my heart is opened to His voice.

Thankful for the hope; I'm counting on God! :) Really hope this serves as a strength for you, that you may realize that, though we may be weak, we may stand and say that we are strong.. :D

2 comments:

  1. Amen Joy! Life can be a roller coaster at times for sure. But the Lord helps us stay steady. His Word provides the facts. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the posts or leave a comment.

Alternatively, you may leave a comment on my ComeComment! page

Powered by Blogger.