A purpose to live for



Some beliefs that we have may be because of our parents; the things that they cultivate in our lives from a tender age. For instance, religion. We follow our parents religion because they believe. I start to ask myself this question:

What do people live for? The most basic answer I can give to you is this:

We live to seek the truth.

This is because of the rise in curiousity. Though we may be taught from young to obey our parents, curiosisity sometimes will knock at our doors, question our beliefs. Thereafter, we start to seek the truth to clarify if everything that we believe in is really the truth.

Truth also supplies us with strength. The reason why people sometimes never gain strength though they thought they believed in the truth is this:

The truth they believed in is not the real truth. This means that they have been living with the concept of the false truth; thinking that the truth they have been believing in is the real truth. In actual fact, it is not. I would say that this is a kind of hypnotisis. People who have false beliefs and expect strength from these will usually find out that, in the long run, strength is never coming from their beliefs, and they will start to lose faith.

For a truth, I have one: I put my trust in Jesus. Since stepping into Christianity is never a religion but a relationship with Him, whenever I engage or get closer to Him, I realise that strength is coming out from heaven above. Yes, sometimes I may doubt the reality of Him, but when I turn to Him from my doubts, I get my answer that He is the only truth I can count on in life. Thereafter, instead of losing faith, hunger will rise up and I will be more eager to seek Him.

The word also serves as a check for the truth I believe in:

“ Now I know that you are a man of God and that the word of the LORD from your mouth is the truth.”
1 Kings 17:24

Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.
Psalm 25:5

For this is what the LORD says— he who created the heavens, he is God; he who fashioned and made the earth, he founded it; he did not create it to be empty, but formed it to be inhabited— he says: “ I am the LORD, and there is no other. I have not spoken in secret, from somewhere in a land of darkness; I have not said to Jacob’s descendants, ‘Seek me in vain.’ I, the LORD, speak the truth; I declare what is right.
Isaiah 45:18-19

For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
John 1:17

“ Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
John 8:32

“ I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”
John 14:6

I know that Jesus is the truth, and it is my prayer that those who seek the truth yet did not get any strength out of your beliefs will turn to Jesus. Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord, for He is the only truth...


I search for truth, and all I found was you, my God, I'll only ever give my all!

No comments

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the posts or leave a comment.

Alternatively, you may leave a comment on my ComeComment! page

Powered by Blogger.