The heavy redemption



Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the power of death— that is, the devil— and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.
Hebrews 2:14-15

For this reason he had to be made like his brothers in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people.
Hebrews 2:17

Imagine yourself being in the shoes of Jesus: mocked, flogged, tortured, thereafter being hung on the cross. What a heavy redemption He paid just for our sins!

When I first watched this video at the Good Friday service, I felt so touched as I thought how great is Jesus who paid His life just for our sins. And for the drama crew that did the skit titled be set free, just want to give one thumbs up to you people: you guys are simply awesome! :D

Today, while I was finding the same video to put into my blog, I just felt God has a message for us:

Look at my Son, the pain that He bore just for you. Just as He is not ashamed when He paid the price for your sins, will you also be bolder in sharing the Gospel to the people I am placing beside you?

Well, this message speaks strongly to me. Even though I have been sharing the gospel in the cyber world, when it comes to verbally sharing this, I guessed I've failed much...

Since I just commenced school and am placed in a new environment, with a new circle of friends, I realised that there are lost sheep around me. Initially, I was rather enthustatic when I first met those people. It was just a simple conversation to ask about their religion and then telling them that Jesus loves them. However, when lessons start, this thought of fear came suddenly just before I want to share the gospel: the factor of consequence. I was afraid if my relationship with my friends would be affected because I shared the gospel; if we would end up feeling awkward.

I know the gospel so well, and I questioned myself: what is holding me back? I feel rather guilty that just because of fear, I hesitated. Still, I am aware that God has forgiven me and He is spurring me on to share the gospel to them.

As ambassadors of Christ, a challenge lay ahead of us:
Will we share the gospel, no matter what the consequence may be?

I pray for more boldness to be in me, and for His spirit to guide me along this gospel sharing time. Also, for you who are reading this message, I pray for more boldness to be in you also...

For I am not ashamed of this good news about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes.
Romans 1:16
Don't think of the short term consequence you may face; the awkwardness between your relationships or the disappointments you may receive, but think of the long term joy your friend will be getting when he or she is saved!

Together, lets take up this challenge and win many souls to Christ in this week. Whether you are going for street evangelism or sharing to your friends, I pray that boldness will rise up in all of us and the kingdom of the Lord is going to grow! (Hope that you can also comment on this blog if you have any salvation reports to share or have any encouragement for the blog readers...)

Lastly, as usual, I want to address to those who do not know this Jesus and are reading this blog. Remember, you are not reading this by chance; Jesus wants to save you! Because He loves you too much, He was willing to pay the price on the cross for your sins. You do not need to die on the cross to be saved. It just takes a simple step of faith to say the sinner's prayer, to change your citizenship from hell to heaven.

Are you willing to accept Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior? If yes is your answer, please click HERE to say the salvation prayer. God hears you and you are going to have a life changing experience when you encounter the love of Christ! (Hope that you will choose to be saved, thereafter you may submit your salvation report to share the joy!)

No comments

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the posts or leave a comment.

Alternatively, you may leave a comment on my ComeComment! page

Powered by Blogger.