Amazing Grace



What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!
Romans 7:24-25

As a sinner, since my sinful nature is within me, sometimes I may not be able to overcome temptation. Thereafter, sin takes root and guilt follows. In the past I would feel so condemned and angry at myself. I thank Jesus that His grace is always showering upon me, over pouring like a river. It sometimes made me realise that as sinners, we may not be able to fathom the grace and love God has for His children. I also thank God for placing leaders beside me where my faith could be lifted and I could discover God in a deeper and stronger way.

This was what my disciple (Karina) told me during one of my foundation lessons with her, while I was talking about my week and the sins I had committed. At that time, I could not get out of that condemnation, and I felt such great guilt weighing upon my shoulders; and this was what she told me:

Never be sin conscious; be God conscious

At the minute when I heard this sentence, as though I drank 10 cans of red bull, I thought that I was as light as a feather; and I was born again! And at that instance I knew that I was forgiven and my sins were wiped away, all by the blood of Jesus. And I thank God for His mercy upon me. Although His laws were fixed, because He loves His children too much that He doesn’t want us to suffer in hell, he decided to send a holy sacrifice, Jesus, so that our sins will be wiped away and we will be spared from condemnation.

Today, for those who feels like the past me, a heavy weight (sin) on your shoulders, just want to let you people know there is a God who wants to reach out to you and lift this heavy burden from your shoulders. His mercies are new every morning, and He wants you to experience the love and mercy He has for you. All you need to do is to invite Him into your life…

And for me, I continue to stand in awe of His Amazing Grace!

Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given.
John 1:16



Lyrics:
Amazing grace, How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now I'm found
Was blind, but now I see
'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed

My chains are gone, I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy reigns
Unending love, amazing grace

The Lord has promised good to me
His word my hope secures
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures

My chains are gone, I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy reigns
Unending love, amazing grace

The earth shall soon dissolve like snow
The sun forbear to shine
But God, who called me here below
Will be forever mine
Will be forever mine

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this message, it is just what I needed :) God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the posts or leave a comment.

Alternatively, you may leave a comment on my ComeComment! page

Powered by Blogger.