Set us apart



Hi there again! I think I must admit this: my English is not really that good, so if you all have anything that you don't understand, please forgive me: I am not English pro. : P OK, and so, this is the 95th post I am typing out, and by the grace and spirit of God, I thank God for His unlimited guidance that this blog have gone so far. In actual fact, just to let you guys know, I felt like giving up, since I had run out of topics to post about, but anyway, thanks be to God, because He is never failing, I could come up with this post..

With my strength I can achieve nothing, but with Jesus, nothing is impossible!
And now, here I go...

While I was reading my daily devotion, this verse just started to give me a title: set us apart.

Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God..
Romans 1:1

Two words that caught my attention: set apart. I asked myself: what is the true meaning of being set apart for God? The answers:

1) Servant of Christ
The simplest definition that I can think of: to be set apart for God means to be a servant of Christ. It means being willing to surrender to Him.

For instance, how my blog came about. A totally random blog, changed to a blog full of God’s presence and strength. Just to let you know, one of the best things I can do is to type A to Z using my computer keyboard. My best record was 3 seconds! (OK, maybe this is some kind of talent I should not brag about.. :P) Since I found out what I am good at, I excelled at it through blogging. And when I am set apart for this, I need to live it out for what I am called to be. Personally I will start to think in Godly perspectives and devote some time to this good purpose.

Being set apart= servant of Christ

Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will bring justice to the nations.
Isaiah 42:1

2) Jesus becomes the focus of your life
Being set apart for God means to shift your focuses to the Saviour and to place God as everything. Our Saviour, Jesus, came to earth, and, as though He sinned greatly, He died so that we can be freed from sin. Therefore, we need to hate our sinful nature and leave our life of sin. It is only after we hate sin then we can place our centre on the Saviour: to please Him and have Godly desires in our life.

When your focus is to please God for all the days of your life, naturally you will find that your priority becomes set upon God, and you will lead a holy life!

Being set apart= Jesus becomes your focus

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14

3) Stop following the world's culture
Few weeks after my friends watched the movie black swan, they started to discuss about the movie. Comments were passed: I'm disgusted. I regretted watching it online. I regretted buying the ticket. Did you know that many people went off after seeing only one part? Instead of replying their comments like: Ooo, so those people wasted so much money eh? I decided to reply like this: the culture of the world is corruption. We need to be wary of the devil's plot and ask God to protect us so that we do not follow them. Well, my friends just commented that I am too holy.

However, I was stating a fact. The devil is using the world's corruption to build walls of his own so that he can fool people to believe in him. Stop being fooled by the devil and start to shout back at him. Ask God to cover your ears and let it be opened only to God's voice, so that God's protection will always be with you. Follow the culture of Jesus and ask Him for a Godly purpose so that you will become set apart for the glory of God.

Being set apart= follow Jesus; tear down walls of the devil

“I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life. ”
John 8:12

4) Dead to the old
Similar to point 3, being set apart for Jesus meant that we have to stop following the world's cultures, we need to be dead to our old ways; the ways that we used to live. The moment when we chose to accept Christ, our debt of sin is paid by the blood of Jesus. Hence, when we are set apart for Christ, we are a new being, holy and pure in His sight.

Being set apart= given a new life

We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.
Romans 6:4

Most importantly, if you are currently reading this now and have not chosen to accept Jesus as your Saviour, do it now! For guide to salvation prayer, click HERE! And, when you are done, feel free to leave a comment on my chatbox to share the joy!

And for those who are Christians, a question I would like to ask:
Are you aware of what God has set you apart for?
If you do not have an answer, it is time to ask Him for one. Live with a Godly purpose today!

Set us apart for you... Jesus!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, stumbled on this blog (well, post actually) while searching for Esther's Set us apart... Not what I wanted, but awesome stuff nevertheless :D The Lord be with you :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the posts or leave a comment.

Alternatively, you may leave a comment on my ComeComment! page

Powered by Blogger.