From young to old

Realising that all my blog followers are not from Singapore, I just decided to let you know more about myself... And so, here goes!

From left to right: my elder brother- Joshua, eldest sister- Grace, youngest sister- Joanna, and me: I am the third...
How were our placing: who the doctor carried out first, who will be the first!! Interesting eh... :p
So... Our placings: 1st: Grace, 2nd: Joshua, 3rd: Joy (me!!), 4th- Joanna

Shortly after I looked at this picture above, I named the title of this post From young to old. Just want to give you all a short introduction of the people in the picture...

On 9 March 1994, my mum bore 4 cute kids.. Quadruplets, a rare case which even my parents couldn't believe it themselves at first. And I was one of these cute toddlers at the extreme right.. Thank God for His grace that even when my brother, sisters, and I were born 3 months earlier, we are still healthy, alive, and living today. Miraculous! And glory to God for for our lives! And today, I celebrate my birthday.


From left to right: my elder brother- Joshua, youngest sister- Joanna, eldest sister- Grace, and me!!
I don't think we had any change eh... Today.. Officially 17th birthday!! :D

In a blink of the eye, we are now all officially 17. Thank God that till today, we are still alive and well. I thank God for my salvation, for if it is not because of Him, until now, I may still be kept in the dark, that there is a Savior above who loves me and keeps me safe. His name is Jesus!

Hello kitty remains the same... But well, I will grow old one day... :)

Now, being a big girl, I must admit that I may still be childish a little, or wilful sometimes, but I thank Jesus for using my life in a great way, not only through this blog, but even through random conversations with my friends. I thank God for being that inner spark, shining in me and making me whole. For this is what true beauty is all about: even if I am not that pretty, or of a strong influence, having Jesus in my life is more than enough!

This just makes me think of a verse:

'When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.'
1 Corinthians 13:11-12

Now that I am older, and am more able to understand things, I can no longer stay in my childish ways. I can only now grow to be more mature, being more hungry and thirsty for the word of Christ, for God gives me wisdom and knowledge so that I can understand Him more deeply.

And so.. I end with this..

Happy birthday to me, and my siblings! Really thankful to God for creating my life. And may God bless these readers just as how He blesses me! :D

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! I'm glad He created you too. And yes, Jesus puts the color in the sky, laughter in our hearts, and purity in our thoughts. He makes all things right. Praise God that He chose to dwell among us.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the posts or leave a comment.

Alternatively, you may leave a comment on my ComeComment! page

Powered by Blogger.