Blessings




What is your definition of blessings? Giving people your time even when you have not enough for yourself; choosing to make a difference in other people's lives and not expecting anything in return: to me, these are true blessings. Ever tried to be a blessing to someone? Or ever met someone who has been a blessing to you? Well for me, I have met some, and I thank God for their lives: Jesus Himself, Pastors, discipler, leaders, teachers and friends. As of the question, if I had ever been a blessing to someone, I think so. (maybe I'll try to ask some of the people I know.. Next time..)

Here are a few verses which I found, and I think it will be the most applicable one in regards to being a blessing:

'A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.'
Proverbs 11:25

'They are always generous and lend freely; their children will be a blessing.'
Psalms 37:26

'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'
Acts 20:35

Being a blessing to someone, firstly, do not be stingy, but be generous. Help others whenever you can. How can you become a blessing to others when you are so selfish and only think that the whole world is revolving around you? It is only when you bless others, when people feel happy, the joy of yours will be complete.

Next, comes the blessings in disguise. Most times, when troubles come our way, and we feel so frail, and useless, sometimes this is God's plan, to make us stronger in trails and tribulations. We just need to trust that God is going to deliver us from all those trails and make us stronger in faith. For God never leaves us and never fails.

“Blessed are you who are poor, for yours is the kingdom of God. Blessed are you who hunger now, for you will be satisfied. Blessed are you who weep now, for you will laugh. Blessed are you when people hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man. Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven. For that is how their ancestors treated the prophets.”
Luke 6:20-23

Now, since we know our God is holy, therefore He will never teach us or tell us to do anything wrong. When we do something wrong, God will discipline us, like how a father disciplines his child. Psalm 94:12-13 states:

'Blessed is the man you discipline, O LORD, the man you teach from your law; you grant him relief from days of trouble, till a pit is dug for the wicked.'

For this, I thank God for being my great teacher, teaching me to walk in His holy ways. For I know that as long as I obey Him, I'll be blessed in everything I do.

Knowing Jesus is a great blessing. For me, because I know Jesus, hence when I entrusted my future into His hands, I know that my future is going to be bright. One of my favourite verses, Jeremiah 29:11, states:

“For I know the plans I have for you,”declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.”

Hence, throughout the days of my life, I never stop thanking God for my salvation, because He is my Savior, I can safely put my future into His hands, believing that I have a hope and a destiny.
Lastly, sharing with someone about Jesus can bring blessings, not only over their lives, but also for your life. Anyone who knows Jesus will be blessed and saved, and anyone who shares the word of Christ, no matter what platform you may be using, as long as the word is brought out, they too will be blessed!

“Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.”For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile — the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
Romans 10:11-13

“Blessed are the pure in heart,  for they will see God. ”
Matthew 5:8

Summing up...
  1. To be a blessing, be generous
  2. Look upon trials as a blessing in disguise
  3. God's discipline is a blessing for His obedient children
  4. Place your future in God's hands, for you will be blessed
  5. Know Christ and be blessed
  6. Share Christ and be a blessing to others
I hope you have learnt something from this post today, and may you be a blessing to the people around you, just as how God generously blesses you. God bless ya!! :D

2 comments:

  1. Excellent post, Joy! This brought much encouragement to me, especially when I feel that me helping others has been left unseen or useless. Thank you, Joy, for listening to God and letting Him speak through you! What a blessing you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha thanks.. Really glad that you are blessed by this post.. God bless! :D

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the posts or leave a comment.

Alternatively, you may leave a comment on my ComeComment! page

Powered by Blogger.