Actions speak louder than words- faith, hope, love




Faith
'But be sure to fear the LORD and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.'
1 Samuel 12:24

When you say you have faith in Jesus, do you really serve Him as how He commands you to do? Or do you just tell Him that you will do it and just leave your calling at one side, and later just give Him some excuses that you can't respond to the calling?

'Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?'
Matthew 6:25

When you say you will place all your faith in Jesus, do you stop worrying and decide to cast it all to Him, and start to pray? Or you just decide to continue worrying about small little things in your life?


Hope
“Did I ask you for a son, my lord?” she said. “Didn’t I tell you, ‘Don’t raise my hopes’?”
2 Kings 4:28

When situations did not come through for you, or when the results are not what you desired, do you still remain hopeful, or start to curse and swear at God?

'What strength do I have, that I should still hope? What prospects, that I should be patient? Do I have the strength of stone? Is my flesh bronze? Do I have any power to help myself, now that success has been driven from me?'
Job 6:11-13

When you are facing tough times, do you remain hopeful that Jesus is going to come through for your life, and continue to pray, hoping for the better, or just deduce that God is not for you, and start to get angry with Him?


Love
“Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. ”
1 John 3:18

When you say you love someone, do you love someone by just saying it out, but on the other hand start hurting them? Or do you love someone with your actions, caring about their feelings?

'Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.'
James 2:15-17

When you say you have love for a brother or sister, do you do it in action, by providing for their needs and take care of them till they are well, or just leave them in the lurch for other people to care for them?

Think about that: Are your actions louder than words? Rather than paying lip-service, why not start to pay life-service to God?

'And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.'
1 Corinthians 13:13

Just want to post something which is related to this post. Its from my friend who commented on this link:
"As a child, I learned to Hope.
When I became a man, my Hope matured into Faith.

With my old age approaching, I pray my Faith bears Love upon its branches."
"Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark"

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for asking these essential thought-provoking questions about love, hope, and our faith in Jesus. It made me think about the things you listed - thank you for the encouragement :) God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea thanks lots for this comment.. God bless!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the posts or leave a comment.

Alternatively, you may leave a comment on my ComeComment! page

Powered by Blogger.