Unbearable pain



I believe as Christians, most of us know about the time where Jesus was sent to be crucified. But, for now, I just want to address these particular community who are not Christians, or are pre-believers, the unbearable painful process when Christ died for our sins. So I was reading these few verses using an unbeliever mindset:

'Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.” And they divided up his clothes by casting lots.
The people stood watching, and the rulers even sneered at him. They said, “He saved others; let him save himself if he is God’s Messiah, the Chosen One.”
The soldiers also came up and mocked him. They offered him wine vinegar and said, “If you are the king of the Jews, save yourself.”
There was a written notice above him, which read: THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS.
One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: “Aren’t you the Messiah? Save yourself and us!”
But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence? We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.”
Luke 23:34-40

When I was reading these verses, many questions were going on in my mind:

How could those people do that to Christ?
Why Jesus allowed those people to crucify Him?
Why Jesus could still ask His Father to forgive those people of their sin?
Why didn't Jesus shout or scream when He was in so much pain?


Having the same questions in your minds? Let me tell you why:

1) He wants to show us His unmeasurable mercy
When Jesus was crucified by those people, instead of wanting them dead, He cried out to His Father: forgive them for what they have done, for they don't know what they are doing(Luke 23:34). Put yourselves in Jesus's shoes, and I think you wouldn't say such things. How could Jesus have said that? Was He out of His mind? Let me tell you this: Jesus was never out of His mind. Because He knew He had a duty to carry out, that is to pay our debt of sins with His blood, so that we can be saved. Even those people who crucified Him, Jesus had compassion on them, and poured out His unmeasurable mercy upon them. This is the greatest mercy that you cannot find in any other person, except Jesus.

'On hearing this, Jesus said to them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”
Mark 2:17

2) He wants to show us His love in action
For us, when we show our love to others, sometimes we just use our mouth to say that we love someone. Maybe its all but empty talk. But for Jesus, when He say He loves us, He proves His love by dying on that cross, paying the price for all our sins. As though He had sinned, He bore the unbearable punishment just for our sins!

“Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah.”
Acts 2:36

3) Rather than concentrating on the pain, Jesus chose to put His focus on us
As defined in the dictionary, crufixion is regarded as the most horrible form of death, whereby the hands of the person get nailed onto the cross. I believe no one will experience this pain unless you have been nailed on the cross. However, even when Jesus knows this pain, and how great the pain He may have experienced, and  yet, He did not decide to give up paying this debt for us; He decided to put His focus on us, finishing the work on the cross, so that we can be saved!

'For to be sure, he was crucified in weakness, yet he lives by God’s power. Likewise, we are weak in him, yet by God’s power we will live with him in our dealing with you.'
2 Corinthians 13:4

Now, if you are reading this and haven't accept Jesus as your Savior...
What are you waiting for?? Jesus took all the punishments on Himself just for your sins! I can assure you this: Just like an open heaven, Jesus gladly wants to take you in as His child, and deem you as righteous, becuase He paid it all. So... If you have decided, say this prayer (prayer is a personal conversation with God), with faith, and Jesus will immediately come into your life:

Jesus, today, I know that I need you, and I want you in my life. Will you forgive me of every sin, wipe my past away, and make me a new person. Lord Jesus I believe you are the son of God; you died for me and rose again, and today, you are living in me. I choose you as my Lord and Savior. Let me never be the same again. Thank you for saving me. In Jesus name I pray, Amen..

Said the prayer? Then share your joy by leaving a note on my chatbox talk it out! Love to hear from you soon! God bless... :)

4 comments:

  1. This is a great blog! I really like it. You're welcome to follow mine as well. Hope Faith & Life I'll watch for updates. This is good news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great blog and it is great to see more Christians out there in the world. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joy! You write a very nice and informative blog. Keep up the good work. The more "Christian blogs we get out here in blogland, the more people we will reach with God's Word. God Bless!
    PJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all for the encouragements! Lets all continue to grow in faith as we continue to let our blogs go all out for Christ!! God bless.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the posts or leave a comment.

Alternatively, you may leave a comment on my ComeComment! page

Powered by Blogger.