My God



Blogging for quite some time, I somehow got lost in topics to say about Christianity. Even though I am a believer, I must admit that I have space for my knowledge of Christ. I need to pursue Him more, and I will find amazing things of God. Today, I thank God that He showed me these verses, and I am going to reveal to you who my God really is through these.

'Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.' The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord. It is good for a man to bear the yoke while he is young. Let him sit alone in silence, for the Lord has laid it on him. Let him bury his face in the dust--there may yet be hope. Let him offer his cheek to one who would strike him, and let him be filled with disgrace. For men are not cast off by the Lord forever. Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love.'
Lamentations 3:22-32

Through this verse, we can see:
1) My God is love
This verse which I heard as a song, John 4:8: God is love. This verse also reveals God's love for us: Becuase of God's great love we are not consumed; Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love. This is so ture! How God has laid down His life for us, to the time when He points at us and say I will use you,, till the time that He keeps forgiving us of our sin, this is our God: love

'Yet the Lord set his affection on your ancestors and loved them, and he chose you, their descendants, above all the nations—as it is today.'
Deuteronomy 10:15

2) My God is faithful
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. When God says He forgive, He is faithful and will not take back His words. Even when we turn unfaithful to Him, He remains faithful to us, being hopeful of one day that we may turn back to Him.

'To the faithful you show yourself faithful, to the blameless you show yourself blameless.'
Psalms 18:25

3) My God is compassionate
Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love. When God sees His believers turning to Satan, instead of being angry and casting them to hell, He chose to have compassion on people and kept giving them chances. For me, God revealed Himself to me as compassionate when I drifted away from Him, and I thank God for giving me this chance to return back into His presence, so that I can speak into people's lives.

'If you return to the Lord, then your fellow Israelites and your children will be shown compassion by their captors and will return to this land, for the LORD your God is gracious and compassionate. He will not turn his face from you if you return to him. ”
2 Chronicles 30:9

What a great God we serve! One who is worthy of all our praises because of the unfailing love He shows us. Continue to be hopeful in the Lord, and He will show you His presence, and the help that you need!

Take my life, I lay it down
At the cross where I am found
All my life I give to you O God!

(Hillsong-Arms open wide)

No comments

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the posts or leave a comment.

Alternatively, you may leave a comment on my ComeComment! page

Powered by Blogger.