Conquering fear

siggie whom shall I fear Pictures, Images and Photos

Are there any fears in your life? Are there any fears that are affecting your life or the people around you? If yes is your answer to any of these two questions, then this post today is designed for you! Do read closely and I pray that after reading this post, you will be able to conquer some of the fears you have in your life. Always remember:

1) Fear is never given by God
Except one commandment that God gave us, to fear the Lord (Deuteronomy 6:13), the rest of our fears are imposed by the devil. People fear because they do not have a sense of security, for instance, phobia of heights. In this way, when you let fear step into your life, you are giving the devil a chance to attack you, telling you lies like: God is not protecting you at all. Where is He when your are fearing me? Never give the devil a chance to attack you with his lies. Just remember, fear is never given by God.

'The Lord is my light and my salvation- whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life- of whom shall I be afraid?'
Psalm 27:1

'For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.'
2 Timothy 1:7

'The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.”
Romans 8:15

2) Jesus is omipresent
As I have mentioned, since fear is imposed by the devil, just lift your voice and tell the devil: no fear shall conqueror me, for my God is a God of full power- Jesus! The devil will start to shudder because of Jesus is more powerful and greater than Him (James 2:19). Anywhere you are, whenever you fear, just start to shout loud to Jesus, and He will hear you, for Jesus is omipresent.

'You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.'
James 2:19

'Lift up your voice with a shout, lift it up, do not be afraid; say to the towns of Judah,“Here is your God!”
Isaiah 40:9

3) God's protection is always with us
When you have faith in Jesus, you are having faith that He will answer your prayers. For me, whenever I fear, I believe that God is hearing my prayer, even in the spirit. Just say a prayer of protection, and God's protection will be spreaded over you. No one shall harm you when Jesus is protecting you.

'But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.'
Psalm 5:11

'So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.'
Isaiah 41:10

'Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?”
Hebrews 13:5-6

4) No fear is bigger and greater than Jesus
While I was reading the chapter when Jesus was sendng out the twelve to proclaim the gospel (Matthew 10), I felt God teaching me a lesson: No one is bigger or greater than I. I am the first and the last; the beginning and the end. Fear no one but I. This also made me realise that no one is bigger than Jesus. Today, if anyone are imposing their fears on you, for instance, our greatest enemy, the devil, or your class bullies, I tell you, never be afraid of them, for our God is the great I AM!

'Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.'
Matthew 10:28

'But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that his life may be revealed in our mortal body.'
2 Corinthians 4:7-11

Therefore, today, no matter what fears you are having, perhaps it had been a part of your life for a long period, never give a chance to let the devil step into your life again, but face and conqueror your fear with God right beside you!

Dear Jesus,
Help me to conqueror my fear.
For I know fear is never given by you,
And no fear could be greater than you.
For nothing is impossible for you.
I will choose to only fear you and you alone.
Wipe away all my fears, O God.
Let me conqueror my fears today, believing that you are omipresent.
In your name I pray, Amen!

2 comments:

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the posts or leave a comment.

Alternatively, you may leave a comment on my ComeComment! page

Powered by Blogger.